Need help in XP Printing with DOS-based program

I am currently running Windows XP SP1. There is an old DOS-based program
that I still use for certain accounting activities. The problem is that my
printer on this machine (local) is now connected to an ETHERNET router.
The DOS-based program is still trying to print to LPT1.

Is there any way I can get a print-out with my setup? I need to somehow
redirect the LPT1 output so it goes to my IP 192.168.0.11 (thats where the
printer resides).

Any help would be appreciated!
1 answer Last reply
More about need printing based program

    I already posted a reply to your other posting in the correct XP Printing
    newsgroup.

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "M. B." <REMOVETHESPAMmystic02@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >I am currently running Windows XP SP1. There is an old DOS-based program
    > that I still use for certain accounting activities. The problem is that
    > my
    > printer on this machine (local) is now connected to an ETHERNET router.
    > The DOS-based program is still trying to print to LPT1.
    >
    > Is there any way I can get a print-out with my setup? I need to somehow
    > redirect the LPT1 output so it goes to my IP 192.168.0.11 (thats where the
    > printer resides).
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated!

DOS Windows XP