Can't install 2 of the same modems in XP - dual modem conf..

Daniel

I can install 2 different fax/data/voice modems, but not 2 from the same manufacture on xp pro which I need to do.

I can install one stand alone modem ok, but not two. If I disable one it allows installation of the other. But when the first is enabled back again the system crashes. This happens even when there is no com or irq conflict and the drivers are the lattest verifed xp version. However, this doesn't happen with modems from 2 different brands. What's up? What's the solution?

Its not XP's fault, its the manufacturer for making incomplete drivers. Most
users won't ever use 2 modems so a manufacturer is probably correct for not
allowing its driver to accommodate 2 instances of itself. Most obvious
solution is to either use 2 external modems by someone like 3Com or use 2
different manufacturers. In addition, Digi makes a series of multiple port
modem cards used for old-school RAS setups.