CPU Interface

Last response: in Motherboards
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
May 1, 2004 1:09:21 AM

Anyone know what that option does in the BIOS exactly?

More about : cpu interface

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
May 1, 2004 2:29:40 AM

"Lankshire" said in news:j5idnWVE0-HSZQ_dRVn-gw@adelphia.com:
> Anyone know what that option does in the BIOS exactly?

List your BIOS maker and version. You might also want to see if there
is something described in a manual downloadable from the makers web
site.

*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=news=" to Subject.
May 1, 2004 3:10:26 PM

"Lankshire" <bg281@scn.org> wrote in message
> Anyone know what that option does in the BIOS exactly?

Well not *exactly*. But I believe it tightens up on the various memory
timings to which you probably don't have access within the bios. For
example with Abit nf7-s, CPU Interface "enabled" sets memory Command Rate to
1T, and maybe also other timing changes.

Chip.
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
May 4, 2004 7:30:13 PM

Oh, my god! Read the User's manual! This option enabled runs CPU at its
nominal speed: IOW it disabled overclocking!

"Lankshire" <bg281@scn.org> wrote in message
> Anyone know what that option does in the BIOS exactly?

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
May 5, 2004 1:44:03 AM

nope

I have it enabled on my ABIT NF7S, and my barton 2500 is running at 2309
mHz. The previous poster was correct ...

Chip wrote...
"Well not *exactly*. But I believe it tightens up on the various memory
timings to which you probably don't have access within the bios. For
example with Abit nf7-s, CPU Interface "enabled" sets memory Command Rate to
1T, and maybe also other timing changes."

Cheers

"John Smith" <johnny.smithelsson@siol.net> wrote in message
> Oh, my god! Read the User's manual! This option enabled runs CPU at its
> nominal speed: IOW it disabled overclocking!
>
> "Lankshire" <bg281@scn.org> wrote in message
> > Anyone know what that option does in the BIOS exactly?

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
May 5, 2004 12:22:04 PM

Sorry, my mistake.
NF7-S User's Manual says that when enabled then you can overclock, but when
disabled then the system uses most stable cpu/fsb parameters.

news:D 8Ulc.349448$Pk3.150465@pd7tw1no...

!