CPU Interface

Anyone know what that option does in the BIOS exactly?
5 answers Last reply
More about interface

    "Lankshire" said in news:j5idnWVE0-HSZQ_dRVn-gw@adelphia.com:
    > Anyone know what that option does in the BIOS exactly?

    List your BIOS maker and version. You might also want to see if there
    is something described in a manual downloadable from the makers web
    site.

    *** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=news=" to Subject.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    "Lankshire" <bg281@scn.org> wrote in message
    > Anyone know what that option does in the BIOS exactly?

    Well not *exactly*. But I believe it tightens up on the various memory
    timings to which you probably don't have access within the bios. For
    example with Abit nf7-s, CPU Interface "enabled" sets memory Command Rate to
    1T, and maybe also other timing changes.

    Chip.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Oh, my god! Read the User's manual! This option enabled runs CPU at its
    nominal speed: IOW it disabled overclocking!

    "Lankshire" <bg281@scn.org> wrote in message
    > Anyone know what that option does in the BIOS exactly?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    nope

    I have it enabled on my ABIT NF7S, and my barton 2500 is running at 2309
    mHz. The previous poster was correct ...

    Chip wrote...
    "Well not *exactly*. But I believe it tightens up on the various memory
    timings to which you probably don't have access within the bios. For
    example with Abit nf7-s, CPU Interface "enabled" sets memory Command Rate to
    1T, and maybe also other timing changes."

    Cheers

    "John Smith" <johnny.smithelsson@siol.net> wrote in message
    > Oh, my god! Read the User's manual! This option enabled runs CPU at its
    > nominal speed: IOW it disabled overclocking!
    >
    > "Lankshire" <bg281@scn.org> wrote in message
    > > Anyone know what that option does in the BIOS exactly?

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Sorry, my mistake.
    NF7-S User's Manual says that when enabled then you can overclock, but when
    disabled then the system uses most stable cpu/fsb parameters.

    "iamnotme" <remove.removes.walnut132@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > nope
    >
    > I have it enabled on my ABIT NF7S, and my barton 2500 is running at 2309
    > mHz. The previous poster was correct ...
    >
    > Chip wrote...
    > "Well not *exactly*. But I believe it tightens up on the various memory
    > timings to which you probably don't have access within the bios. For
    > example with Abit nf7-s, CPU Interface "enabled" sets memory Command Rate
    > 1T, and maybe also other timing changes."
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > "John Smith" <johnny.smithelsson@siol.net> wrote in message
    > > Oh, my god! Read the User's manual! This option enabled runs CPU at its
    > > nominal speed: IOW it disabled overclocking!
    > >
    > > "Lankshire" <bg281@scn.org> wrote in message
    > > > Anyone know what that option does in the BIOS exactly?

BIOS CPUs Motherboards