OVERCLOCKING QUESTION

I have a nf7 abit mobo, with an athlon barton 2500+ cpu, with 1 gig corsair
value select, 2 512 sticks of pc 3200. I went to bios and raised clock
speed to 3200+, no other changes at all, and it runs just fine, very stable,
and cool temps. I read about changing voltages and multipliers all the
time, is my system ok the way i have it ? any input would be appreciated..

elrod jenkins wrote:

> I have a nf7 abit mobo, with an athlon barton 2500+ cpu, with 1 gig
> corsair value select, 2 512 sticks of pc 3200. I went to bios and
> raised clock speed to 3200+, no other changes at all, and it runs
> just fine, very stable, and cool temps. I read about changing
> voltages and multipliers all the time, is my system ok the way i have
> it ? any input would be appreciated..

Hmmm run the seti at home file from here:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
Run the torture test overnight if your computer works it is fine .. if
not you have overclocked it too much.

regards

@ndrew

Why not? If it works... lucky you!

"elrod jenkins" <nowhere@somewhere.net> wrote in message
> I have a nf7 abit mobo, with an athlon barton 2500+ cpu, with 1 gig
corsair
> value select, 2 512 sticks of pc 3200. I went to bios and raised clock
> speed to 3200+, no other changes at all, and it runs just fine, very
stable,
> and cool temps. I read about changing voltages and multipliers all the
> time, is my system ok the way i have it ? any input would be
appreciated..

Raising the v-core is needed only when a cpu is unstable at a certain
OverClock level. In case of moderate OC, no v-core adjustment is needed.
Higher vcore results in more heat from cpu, so it is not desirable.