KV7 with New Athlon XP 3000 400mhz

I just ordered a new Athlon XP 3000 400mhz from Newegg to replace an old
1000 Tbird. Will I have any compatability issues installing this processor?
I understand there were some BIOS issues with the 2500 Barton 333 and the
KV7. Being somewhat of a newbie, how do I determine the BIOS version
running on my board? Upon start up i am not sure what I am looking for.
Are there any specific steps to follow after installing my new processor?
Will the settings in the BIOS automatically pick up the new processor or
will i have to adjust the processor ID and FSB etc.

dg
3 answers Last reply
More about athlon 3000 400mhz

    Figured out I have the most recent BIOS version 13-
    dg
    "David" <gorenstein@msn.com> wrote in message
    > I just ordered a new Athlon XP 3000 400mhz from Newegg to replace an old
    > 1000 Tbird. Will I have any compatability issues installing this
    processor?
    > I understand there were some BIOS issues with the 2500 Barton 333 and the
    > KV7. Being somewhat of a newbie, how do I determine the BIOS version
    > running on my board? Upon start up i am not sure what I am looking for.
    > Are there any specific steps to follow after installing my new processor?
    > Will the settings in the BIOS automatically pick up the new processor or
    > will i have to adjust the processor ID and FSB etc.
    >
    > dg

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    I own this board and it is easy to setup, just put the bits in and away you
    go.
    It doesnt mention 400FSB chips to be a problem. Just remember to clear the
    BIOS jumper before you power it on. I changed from a 1700XP to a 2800XP
    without any problems.

    regards
    Homer

    "David" <gorenstein@msn.com> wrote in message
    > I just ordered a new Athlon XP 3000 400mhz from Newegg to replace an old
    > 1000 Tbird. Will I have any compatability issues installing this
    processor?
    > I understand there were some BIOS issues with the 2500 Barton 333 and the
    > KV7. Being somewhat of a newbie, how do I determine the BIOS version
    > running on my board? Upon start up i am not sure what I am looking for.
    > Are there any specific steps to follow after installing my new processor?
    > Will the settings in the BIOS automatically pick up the new processor or
    > will i have to adjust the processor ID and FSB etc.
    >
    > dg

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Is it always necessary to clear the CMOS when upgrading the processor? How
    about memory?
    "Homer" <wantingspam@btinterent.com> wrote in message
    > I own this board and it is easy to setup, just put the bits in and away
    you
    > go.
    > It doesnt mention 400FSB chips to be a problem. Just remember to clear the
    > BIOS jumper before you power it on. I changed from a 1700XP to a 2800XP
    > without any problems.
    >
    > regards
    > Homer
    >
    > "David" <gorenstein@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > I just ordered a new Athlon XP 3000 400mhz from Newegg to replace an old
    > > 1000 Tbird. Will I have any compatability issues installing this
    > processor?
    > > I understand there were some BIOS issues with the 2500 Barton 333 and
    the
    > > KV7. Being somewhat of a newbie, how do I determine the BIOS version
    > > running on my board? Upon start up i am not sure what I am looking for.
    > > Are there any specific steps to follow after installing my new
    processor?
    > > Will the settings in the BIOS automatically pick up the new processor or
    > > will i have to adjust the processor ID and FSB etc.
    > >
    > > dg

BIOS Processors Windows XP Motherboards