KV7 with New Athlon XP 3000 400mhz

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
May 3, 2004 8:36:30 PM

I just ordered a new Athlon XP 3000 400mhz from Newegg to replace an old
1000 Tbird. Will I have any compatability issues installing this processor?
I understand there were some BIOS issues with the 2500 Barton 333 and the
KV7. Being somewhat of a newbie, how do I determine the BIOS version
running on my board? Upon start up i am not sure what I am looking for.
Are there any specific steps to follow after installing my new processor?
Will the settings in the BIOS automatically pick up the new processor or
will i have to adjust the processor ID and FSB etc.

dg

More about : kv7 athlon 3000 400mhz

May 3, 2004 8:50:59 PM

Figured out I have the most recent BIOS version 13-
dg
"David" <gorenstein@msn.com> wrote in message
> I just ordered a new Athlon XP 3000 400mhz from Newegg to replace an old
> 1000 Tbird. Will I have any compatability issues installing this
processor?
> I understand there were some BIOS issues with the 2500 Barton 333 and the
> KV7. Being somewhat of a newbie, how do I determine the BIOS version
> running on my board? Upon start up i am not sure what I am looking for.
> Are there any specific steps to follow after installing my new processor?
> Will the settings in the BIOS automatically pick up the new processor or
> will i have to adjust the processor ID and FSB etc.
>
> dg

May 3, 2004 9:43:05 PM

I own this board and it is easy to setup, just put the bits in and away you
go.
It doesnt mention 400FSB chips to be a problem. Just remember to clear the
BIOS jumper before you power it on. I changed from a 1700XP to a 2800XP
without any problems.

regards
Homer

"David" <gorenstein@msn.com> wrote in message
> I just ordered a new Athlon XP 3000 400mhz from Newegg to replace an old
> 1000 Tbird. Will I have any compatability issues installing this
processor?
> I understand there were some BIOS issues with the 2500 Barton 333 and the
> KV7. Being somewhat of a newbie, how do I determine the BIOS version
> running on my board? Upon start up i am not sure what I am looking for.
> Are there any specific steps to follow after installing my new processor?
> Will the settings in the BIOS automatically pick up the new processor or
> will i have to adjust the processor ID and FSB etc.
>
> dg

May 3, 2004 10:08:23 PM

Is it always necessary to clear the CMOS when upgrading the processor? How
about memory?

!