How to set AGP 8x mode using IC7-Max3

I am having trouble getting my graphics card to run in AGP 8x mode.

The motherboard is an IC7-Max3 and the graphics card is an Sapphire ATI
Radeon 9800 XT. The PC has 1GB Corsair TwinX RAM, and an Antec 400W power
supply, running Windows XP Professional.

The AGP setting in the BIOS is 8x Mode. When I make the changes in the ATI
driver (to 8x mode), and the PC is rebooted, AGP reverts to 'Off'. The ATI
driver documentation says 'SMartgaart' checks for stability and sets the
mode accordingly. BTW, I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers
for the graphics card.

Have I missed something? Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Thanks.

Regards

Mike

"Mike Noordermeer" wrote
> I am having trouble getting my graphics card to run in AGP 8x mode.
>
> The motherboard is an IC7-Max3 and the graphics card is an Sapphire ATI
> Radeon 9800 XT. The PC has 1GB Corsair TwinX RAM, and an Antec 400W power
> supply, running Windows XP Professional.

Hi,
is this a new build or did you have another card installed previously? If
its a new build did you install the proper INTEL chipset drivers?
Also have a read of *alt.comp.periphs.videocard.ati* if you didn't already.
.. .
--
Wayne ][

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your help. I found the solution at
*alt.comp.periphs.videocard.ati*. Your help has been invaluable.

Regards

Mike