USB Serial Adapter

I do not have a serial port on my laptop, so i bought a
USB serial adapter. I can't get it to work. Is there
drivers out there that I need to install for this? If
where can I find them. Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about serial adapter

    What device do you want to connect using the serial to USB
    adapter?

    "caliyo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:1a74001c41e36$3867cad0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    | I do not have a serial port on my laptop, so i bought a
    | USB serial adapter. I can't get it to work. Is there
    | drivers out there that I need to install for this? If
    | where can I find them. Thanks!

    Well I'm looking to use it as a regular serial port. To
    telnet into the routers and switches and fun stuff like
    my camera.

    Thanks for reply! I found what I needed! Thanks again

    I suspect that you can't because the devices you mention, if
    they are not USB will have the software at either end to
    operate.

    Suggest you contact the router and switch mfg'r to see if
    they have any advice. Suggest you buy a camera with a USB
    port.

    | Well I'm looking to use it as a regular serial port. To
    | telnet into the routers and switches and fun stuff like
    | my camera.

    What was the solution, we all could use the 2-way exchange
    of info.

    | Thanks for reply! I found what I needed! Thanks again

Hardware USB Microsoft Windows XP