USB Serial Adapter

April 9, 2004 10:26:09 AM

I do not have a serial port on my laptop, so i bought a
USB serial adapter. I can't get it to work. Is there
drivers out there that I need to install for this? If
where can I find them. Thanks!

More about : usb serial adapter

Anonymous
April 9, 2004 12:37:42 PM

What device do you want to connect using the serial to USB
adapter?

"caliyo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1a74001c41e36$3867cad0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
| I do not have a serial port on my laptop, so i bought a
| USB serial adapter. I can't get it to work. Is there
| drivers out there that I need to install for this? If
| where can I find them. Thanks!
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 5:50:03 PM

Well I'm looking to use it as a regular serial port. To
telnet into the routers and switches and fun stuff like
my camera.

April 9, 2004 6:03:56 PM

Thanks for reply! I found what I needed! Thanks again

Anonymous
April 9, 2004 7:58:34 PM

I suspect that you can't because the devices you mention, if
they are not USB will have the software at either end to
operate.

Suggest you contact the router and switch mfg'r to see if
they have any advice. Suggest you buy a camera with a USB
port.

| Well I'm looking to use it as a regular serial port. To
| telnet into the routers and switches and fun stuff like
| my camera.

Anonymous
April 9, 2004 8:17:28 PM

What was the solution, we all could use the 2-way exchange
of info.

!