Abit SA6R HPT 2.351 BIOS Upgrade

HPT tech support suggested that their 2.351 BIOS has an option that
would let me change the RAID status of the drive. Is this correct? My
problem is that the status of my "source" drive is "hidden" and the
status of the corrupted drive is "HDD0". Is there a simpler way out of
my problem?

High Point Technology tech support suggested I upgrade the BIOS for
the HPT 370 RAID controller on my Abit SA6R motherboard to 2.351 (it
is currently 2.0.1024). Should I also upgrade the motherboard BIOS to
7U? Is there a source for these upgrades? Are there any "tricks" to
the BIOS upgrade procedure on the Abit website or is it
straightforward?

I would really appreciate any help you can give me with this.
4 answers Last reply
More about abit sa6r bios upgrade

    > High Point Technology tech support suggested I upgrade the BIOS for
    > the HPT 370 RAID controller on my Abit SA6R motherboard to 2.351
    The techie didn't understand that you didn't have a PCI controller... this
    can only be done doing a "custom" bios for your board.

    There's a 7U_234 bios in TomG's server, which a customer of mine is using
    successfully...

    You can only ask and hope (and wish).

    HTH,

    --
    Pepe
    Milano, Italy

    (it
    > is currently 2.0.1024). Should I also upgrade the motherboard BIOS to
    > 7U? Is there a source for these upgrades? Are there any "tricks" to
    > the BIOS upgrade procedure on the Abit website or is it
    > straightforward?
    >
    > I would really appreciate any help you can give me with this.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    try the 7U 2.34 bios on my server under the /beta section and I'll try to
    make time to create a 2.351 version of 7U as well shortly...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    "Joe L" <jleon@directcon.net> wrote in message
    > HPT tech support suggested that their 2.351 BIOS has an option that
    > would let me change the RAID status of the drive. Is this correct? My
    > problem is that the status of my "source" drive is "hidden" and the
    > status of the corrupted drive is "HDD0". Is there a simpler way out of
    > my problem?
    >
    > High Point Technology tech support suggested I upgrade the BIOS for
    > the HPT 370 RAID controller on my Abit SA6R motherboard to 2.351 (it
    > is currently 2.0.1024). Should I also upgrade the motherboard BIOS to
    > 7U? Is there a source for these upgrades? Are there any "tricks" to
    > the BIOS upgrade procedure on the Abit website or is it
    > straightforward?
    >
    > I would really appreciate any help you can give me with this.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Thanks for the suggestion of going to TomGs server. I found a posting
    dated 2-18-04 that Tom now has the 7U bios with the 2.351 bios up on
    his site. Can you tell me how to get to his server to download the
    file?

    "Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio" <gcdbTOGLIMI@email.it> wrote in message news:<c785e3$r0ph$1@ID-121762.news.uni-berlin.de>...
    > > High Point Technology tech support suggested I upgrade the BIOS for
    > > the HPT 370 RAID controller on my Abit SA6R motherboard to 2.351
    > The techie didn't understand that you didn't have a PCI controller... this
    > can only be done doing a "custom" bios for your board.
    >
    > There's a 7U_234 bios in TomG's server, which a customer of mine is using
    > successfully...
    >
    > You can only ask and hope (and wish).
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > --
    > Pepe
    > Milano, Italy
    >

    > (it
    > > is currently 2.0.1024). Should I also upgrade the motherboard BIOS to
    > > 7U? Is there a source for these upgrades? Are there any "tricks" to
    > > the BIOS upgrade procedure on the Abit website or is it
    > > straightforward?
    > >
    > > I would really appreciate any help you can give me with this.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    look at my tag line and you will see a link to the server. look under /beta
    for custom bios files.

    --

    > Thanks for the suggestion of going to TomGs server. I found a posting
    > dated 2-18-04 that Tom now has the 7U bios with the 2.351 bios up on
    > his site. Can you tell me how to get to his server to download the
    > file?
    >

    > "Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio" <gcdbTOGLIMI@email.it> wrote in message
    > > > High Point Technology tech support suggested I upgrade the BIOS for
    > > > the HPT 370 RAID controller on my Abit SA6R motherboard to 2.351
    > > The techie didn't understand that you didn't have a PCI controller...
    this
    > > can only be done doing a "custom" bios for your board.
    > >
    > > There's a 7U_234 bios in TomG's server, which a customer of mine is
    using
    > > successfully...
    > >
    > > You can only ask and hope (and wish).
    > >
    > > HTH,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Pepe
    > > Milano, Italy
    > >

    > > (it
    > > > is currently 2.0.1024). Should I also upgrade the motherboard BIOS to
    > > > 7U? Is there a source for these upgrades? Are there any "tricks" to
    > > > the BIOS upgrade procedure on the Abit website or is it
    > > > straightforward?
    > > >
    > > > I would really appreciate any help you can give me with this.

BIOS Support Motherboards NAS / RAID