Mustek 1200UB Scanner

I have recently installed XP home. I am having serious problems getting my Mustek 1200UB scanner to work. I have installed XP drivers from the manufacturers website. I was previously running 98SE and had no problems. The disk I have is not XP compatible which is why I obtained the drivers from Mustek.

First Disconnect the Mustek Scanner.
Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and uninstall any Mustek Software.
Then rt click on My
Computer>Select Prop>Hardware>Device Manager>USB Controllers. Expand and
rt click and uninstall
all. Restart and when XP is loaded reinstall the new software and drivers
from Mustek. Then reconnect
the Scanner.
"lagerplease" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently installed XP home. I am having serious problems getting my
Mustek 1200UB scanner to work. I have installed XP drivers from the
manufacturers website. I was previously running 98SE and had no problems.
The disk I have is not XP compatible which is why I obtained the drivers
from Mustek.

>"lagerplease" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have recently installed XP home. I am having serious problems getting my
>Mustek 1200UB scanner to work. I have installed XP drivers from the
>manufacturers website. I was previously running 98SE and had no problems.
>The disk I have is not XP compatible which is why I obtained the drivers
>from Mustek.

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 22:29:14 -0700, "Rich Barry"
<rbarry@NOTsocal.rr.com> wrote:

> First Disconnect the Mustek Scanner.
> Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and uninstall any Mustek Software.
>Then rt click on My
> Computer>Select Prop>Hardware>Device Manager>USB Controllers. Expand and
>rt click and uninstall
> all. Restart and when XP is loaded reinstall the new software and drivers
>from Mustek. Then reconnect
> the Scanner.

I've never had any luck using the XP drivers on my XP Pro system for
this scanner.

You can use the 2000 drivers, you just have to trick the install
program for the win2000 drivers into thinking you are using win2000
and not XP. It's not hard and the instructions can be found using
google.