Odd Keyboard/Port Problem.

Zephyr

I woke up this morning, i started my pc as usual.A
problem occured, when i tried to type my Internet
Provider Password, nothing happened.I restart the
computer, try again i notice that my numlock, capslock
and scrolllock lights doesnt work anymore.The keyboard
also do a sound every 0.5 seconds.

My first tought was the PS2 port, so i go behind the
tower.There was a lot of static around the ps2 port.I
unplug it, and plug it again.Still does'nt work.I went
upstairs to pick up another keyboard, but experienced the
same problem.

I am pretty much certain it is the PS2 port.What should i
do in such a situation?

Thanks in Advance for help.

-Zephyr

"Zephyr" <fulgor28@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I woke up this morning, i started my pc as usual.A
> problem occured, when i tried to type my Internet
> Provider Password, nothing happened.I restart the
> computer, try again i notice that my numlock, capslock
> and scrolllock lights doesnt work anymore.The keyboard
> also do a sound every 0.5 seconds.
>
> My first tought was the PS2 port, so i go behind the
> tower.There was a lot of static around the ps2 port.I
> unplug it, and plug it again.Still does'nt work.I went
> upstairs to pick up another keyboard, but experienced the
> same problem.
>
> I am pretty much certain it is the PS2 port.What should i
> do in such a situation?
>
> Thanks in Advance for help.
>
> -Zephyr

Try a USB keyboard.

"Zephyr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I posted to this forum to avoid buying any more stuff, so
> no i wont buy a usb keyboard.

The question is: What costs less - a USB keyboard, or a new
motherboard?

You might get more relevant answers if you repost in a hardware
group. This group looks at the relationship between WinXP and
hardware devices. You're not even getting close to running WinXP!

TRENDING THREADS