C865i installation troubles.

I have a 865 that i have been very happy with. Got myself a new PC and i can not get
the 865 connected, have tried USB and parallel cable. Have downloaded the latest
driver from Canon, but no matter what i do the installation end with "the printer
was not installed"

I'm totally stumped. Does anybody have a idea? Have tried the self help on Canon and
the "help" in XP. PC is win XP prof SP1, 512 RAM, p4 2,8.

If i go to "printers and faxes" in control panel and select add a printer i get the
error message; operation could not be completed; could that be some kind of clue?

V wrote:
> I have a 865 that i have been very happy with. Got myself a new PC and i
> can not get the 865 connected, have tried USB and parallel cable. Have
> downloaded the latest driver from Canon, but no matter what i do the
> installation end with "the printer was not installed"
>
> I'm totally stumped. Does anybody have a idea? Have tried the self help
> on Canon and the "help" in XP. PC is win XP prof SP1, 512 RAM, p4 2,8.
>
> If i go to "printers and faxes" in control panel and select add a
> printer i get the error message; operation could not be completed; could
> that be some kind of clue?

Well, found the solution. The solution was the service in XP called
"Print Spooler" on my system it was set to manual. I started it and switched it to
automatic. And "bing" everything is working fine.