Network did not assign network address

I upgraded my laptop's windows XP with service pack 2 and I lost my
wireless network. I get an error message

"Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the internet
or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did
not addign a network address to the computer"

The wireless network still works fine with another computer, a desktop, in
another room.

I tried to have windows "repair" the problem but when I try Windows reports
that it was not successful.

I am using a netgear wireless access point (MA111) and netgear router
(MR814v2)

Can anyone help me get my wireless connection back?
3 answers Last reply
More about network assign network address

    I have the same problem when I try to use WEP. See my previous
    request for help.

    --
    Jim

    "Bill Babakian" <Bill-babakian@att.net> wrote in message
    >I upgraded my laptop's windows XP with service pack 2 and I lost my
    > wireless network. I get an error message
    >
    > "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the
    > internet
    > or some network resources. This problem occurred because the
    > network did
    > not addign a network address to the computer"
    >
    > The wireless network still works fine with another computer, a
    > desktop, in
    > another room.
    >
    > I tried to have windows "repair" the problem but when I try Windows
    > reports
    > that it was not successful.
    >
    > I am using a netgear wireless access point (MA111) and netgear
    > router
    > (MR814v2)
    >
    > Can anyone help me get my wireless connection back?

    "Bill Babakian" <Bill-babakian@att.net> wrote in message
    >I upgraded my laptop's windows XP with service pack 2 and I lost my
    > wireless network. I get an error message
    >
    > "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the internet
    > or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did
    > not addign a network address to the computer"
    >
    > The wireless network still works fine with another computer, a desktop, in
    > another room.
    >
    > I tried to have windows "repair" the problem but when I try Windows
    > reports
    > that it was not successful.
    >
    > I am using a netgear wireless access point (MA111) and netgear router
    > (MR814v2)
    >
    > Can anyone help me get my wireless connection back?

    Welcome to the wonderful world of SP2 and wireless ;)

    Do you have encryption enabled on your wireless network ?

    "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > "Bill Babakian" <Bill-babakian@att.net> wrote in message
    >>I upgraded my laptop's windows XP with service pack 2 and I lost my
    >> wireless network. I get an error message
    >>
    >> "Limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the
    >> internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because
    >> the network did not addign a network address to the computer"
    >>
    >> The wireless network still works fine with another computer, a
    >> desktop, in another room.
    >>
    >> I tried to have windows "repair" the problem but when I try Windows
    >> reports
    >> that it was not successful.
    >>
    >> I am using a netgear wireless access point (MA111) and netgear router
    >> (MR814v2)
    >>
    >> Can anyone help me get my wireless connection back?
    >
    > Welcome to the wonderful world of SP2 and wireless ;)
    >
    > Do you have encryption enabled on your wireless network ?

    No encryption is enabled. The signal doesn't reach too far and I didn't
    think it was necessary. Also I wasn't sure how to turn it on !!!

Wireless Network Wireless Networking