Motherboard problem/update question

Hi,

I have an AT7 (slight old I know) and a GeForce 4 Ti4200 and recently have
started getting small blue dots appearing on the screen. At first I thought
the graphics card was overheating and have tried fans blowing on it etc. If
after a while I reboot though the BIOS screen is corrupted with strange
figures, once the machine gets as far as the XP boot up screen its fine.
This is leading me to think it may be a BIOS thing since the graphics card
is not really being used during that initial screen with the memory check.
Has anyone ever seen this before? Other than the small blue dots the actual
screen is fine in the operating system, there are noticeable problems if you
load a 3d accelerated game though.

Ive never flashed a bios before,. I take it I just go and download the
latest file (Nov 2003 I think) and the utility and follow the instructions
in the manual. I will also get the latest drivers for the graphics card.

Thanks for any advice

Scott

Sounds liek your video card is going bad. The best indication of that is
when you said that the BIOS boot screen is corrupt. Although you stated that
the graphics card is not being really used, it is. Just not much processing
going on but it is still being used. I guess the easies way tot check this
is go out and buy the cheapest videcard you can find and plug it in. If the
problem is there then its the BIOS. If the problem is gone, its the video
card.

Scott