XP network security issues

Hi,

I can't copy files across a network.

To be more specific: I can't copy recently downloaded files, whereas I can copy older files.

When I check the properties of these recent files, I notice that there is an extra tab: "security".

Is this why I can't copy the files - although the security settings seem to allow copying/writing/deleting?

How can I prevent XP adding these properties to new files?

TKS

Andy
2 answers Last reply
More about network security issues

    You have to have administrative rights to copy these
    files. Sign on as administrator or create another
    administrator sign on.

    Thanks Allan for your reply.

    There is only one account on my XP: Andy "computer administrator"

    NB: the guest account is "off"

    Andy

Security Windows XP