XP network security issues

April 9, 2004 11:41:09 AM

Hi,

I can't copy files across a network.

To be more specific: I can't copy recently downloaded files, whereas I can copy older files.

When I check the properties of these recent files, I notice that there is an extra tab: "security".

Is this why I can't copy the files - although the security settings seem to allow copying/writing/deleting?

How can I prevent XP adding these properties to new files?

TKS

Andy
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 9, 2004 2:09:20 PM

You have to have administrative rights to copy these
files. Sign on as administrator or create another
administrator sign on.

April 14, 2004 1:31:03 AM

Thanks Allan for your reply.

There is only one account on my XP: Andy "computer administrator"

NB: the guest account is "off"

Andy
!