Bruce

I am replacing my boot hard drive. Does anyone have a
relatively painless procedure to do this so I do not have
to reload my software. The current drive is still
working but has had some boot problems.

Thanks

No. If the boot drive is having problems I would not want
to clone it because the problem might just be cloned too.

I would install the new drive as the master, do a clean
install of XP. Create my Internet connection, including
turning the firewall on, and then install my applications.
I would by personal choice have partitioned the drive with
three to five partitions and installed the OS and the
applications one one. Then I would install the old drive as
the slave and copy the files and directories to a data
partition on the new drive.

Reloading software does take some time but it is the best
way to get a stable and well running system when the current
system has problems.

"Bruce" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1ac5001c41e4e$4e2d4ad0$a101280a@phx.gbl...