CS Source - VGUI menus

Hello all.
Does anyone know if there's a command to remove the VGUI menus from
Counter-Strike Source just like you could with the original Counter-Strike?
It was something like:

setinfo "_vgui_menus" "0"

Unfortunately the setinfo command won't work with CS Source :(

Any ideas anyone?
TIA,

Richard B.

> Does anyone know if there's a command to remove the VGUI menus from
> Counter-Strike Source just like you could with the original
Counter-Strike?
> It was something like:
>
> setinfo "_vgui_menus" "0"
>
> Unfortunately the setinfo command won't work with CS Source :(

there are no old menus :-(

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
www.tacticalgamer.com

---

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know if there's a command to remove the VGUI menus from
> > Counter-Strike Source just like you could with the original
> Counter-Strike?
> > It was something like:
> >
> > setinfo "_vgui_menus" "0"
> >
> > Unfortunately the setinfo command won't work with CS Source :(
>
> there are no old menus :-(
>
> --
> From Adam Webb, Overlag
> www.tacticalgamer.com
> CS:SOURCE server now active :D
>

> ---

lol Thanks for the reply. Shame though :(
The VGUI menus get on my nerves, and you can't go back in the menus this
time by pressing the buy button, you HAVE to click or press 0.

Hi Overlag. I didn't expect you to reply. Still playing CS I see :)

Aren't you using Freeserve any more?
I moved off of it. So I haven't needed your tech support for a while :p

Catch you later,
Richard.

>> From Adam Webb, Overlag

lo

> Catch you later,
> Richard.

lo

"Sven" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> >> From Adam Webb, Overlag
>
> lo
>
> > Catch you later,
> > Richard.
>
> lo

lo :)
I've been told that there isn't a way at the moment to get rid of the menus.
I hope they add the plain old text back in.

I've noticed it's a pain when you're browsing a menu and you can't his the
buymenu button to go BACK to the previous menu. You have to hit "0" to
cancel.

Plus when you're selecting your menu choices with the keyboard numbers
instead of the mouse (as I expect 99% of people do!) it doesn't show you the
pictures, it just stays on the number 1 choice picture which can be a little
misleading. Like... oops, did I just buy the right gun?

Tbh I would imagine that not many people at all look at the pictures after a
while and just momorise what numbers they have to press.

Eg... HE Grenade: Buy menu --> 8 --> 4

/rant

Richard B.

eclipse flex 1mb.....

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag

"Richard B" <richard@bor3r.com> wrote in message

> "Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Does anyone know if there's a command to remove the VGUI menus from
> > > Counter-Strike Source just like you could with the original
> > Counter-Strike?
> > > It was something like:
> > >
> > > setinfo "_vgui_menus" "0"
> > >
> > > Unfortunately the setinfo command won't work with CS Source :(
> >
> > there are no old menus :-(
> >
> > --
> > From Adam Webb, Overlag
> > www.tacticalgamer.com
> > CS:SOURCE server now active :D
> >

> > ---
> >

> lol Thanks for the reply. Shame though :(
> The VGUI menus get on my nerves, and you can't go back in the menus this
> time by pressing the buy button, you HAVE to click or press 0.
>
> Hi Overlag. I didn't expect you to reply. Still playing CS I see :)
>
> Aren't you using Freeserve any more?
> I moved off of it. So I haven't needed your tech support for a while :p
>
> Catch you later,
> Richard.

---

Any good?
How long did it take you to get Freeperve/Wanadoo to release their ownership
tag on your line?
Took me about 3 and a half months of phone calls, and angry letters.

Richard B.

> eclipse flex 1mb.....
>
> --
> From Adam Webb, Overlag
> www.tacticalgamer.com
> CS:SOURCE server now active :D

> Any good?
> How long did it take you to get Freeperve/Wanadoo to release their
ownership
> tag on your line?
> Took me about 3 and a half months of phone calls, and angry letters.
>
> Richard B.

yup, took forever to get off the freeserve line.

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
www.tacticalgamer.com
CS:SOURCE server now active :D