Hard drive not showing all free space

I just built a new system with a 160GB HD, however
Windows is showing only about 100GB available. I remember
hearing something about this once before, and I thought
SP1 was supposed to clear things up, but no dice... any
suggestions on reclaining my missing 60 gigs?

Dave
curleydave@msn.com
1 answer Last reply
More about hard drive showing free space

    See the following KB article
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013&Product=winxp

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Dave" <curleydave@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I just built a new system with a 160GB HD, however
    > Windows is showing only about 100GB available. I remember
    > hearing something about this once before, and I thought
    > SP1 was supposed to clear things up, but no dice... any
    > suggestions on reclaining my missing 60 gigs?
    >
    > Dave
    > curleydave@msn.com

Hard Drives Free Space Windows XP