Abit KG7 Raid

Hi there I have an abit KG7 raid with a 1400 athlon ... what is the
highest I can put this processor up to?will i need to flash bios.

cheers

http://www.sudhian.com/showfaqs.cfm?fid=4&fcid=16
"AthlonXP processors up to and including 2000+ (but no higher)"

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/download/download_detail.php?pFILE_TYPE=Bios&pMAIN_TYPE=Motherboard&pTITLE_ON_SCREEN=KG7-RAID&pSOCKET_TYPE=Socket+A
BIOS ID: 8S
1.. Support AMD Athlon XP CPU, 0.18 micron process Palomino up to 2100+
and 0.13 micron process Thoroughbred up to 2000+.
So take Tbred2000+ and then you can overclock it to something like 2250+ as
i did.
You may need to flash the bios though.

"evil monkey" <evil_monkey@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi there I have an abit KG7 raid with a 1400 athlon ... what is the
> highest I can put this processor up to?will i need to flash bios.
>
> cheers

I forget to say that you may need to change cpu settings of the bios to cure
the instabilities.
http://www.sudhian.com/showfaqs.cfm?fid=4&fcid=19
This helped me;
" This can be resolved by increasing the CPU slew rate (Control CPU P/N
value) in Advanced Chipset Features to the faster setting (6 or 7)."

"evil monkey" <evil_monkey@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi there I have an abit KG7 raid with a 1400 athlon ... what is the
> highest I can put this processor up to?will i need to flash bios.
>
> cheers

Andy

i have a kg7 raid and xp2400+

no probs at all cpu is unlocked
has the option of 13 multiplier etc and sets accordindly
last known bios in use