BE6-II v1.0 no BIOS backup taken...

deedee

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2003

After flashing the BIOS (to the latest version from 1999 version) things
seem to work fine apart from the fact I can't access CDROM drives when the
soundcard is installed. After taking it out, the drives reappear.
Unfortunately I don't have the backup - I was sure I said yes when the flash
program asked if I wanted to create one - but now it's not to be found
anywhere (?).
Is there a way to restore the previous version without having the backup? Or
is there a work around to the problem? Thanks a lot for any input.

--
Regards,
DeeDee

## All replies to this NG only. Any unsolicited e-mail will be processed at
Dexter's Laboratory Inc. and spammers immediately targeted. LA-LA-LA :)
http://www.dexterslab.com ##

Hi DeeDee:

Abit keeps a copy of all previous BIOS version available for download at
their website. I know you've already been there. You just click on BIOS
Revision History at bottom right on the download page for the latest BIOS.
It'll show all the BIOS revisions and what they update. A link to the right
of each for downloading. Here is the page:

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios_revision.php?categories=1&model=118

The latest BIOS revisions are usually written to correct problems. It's
very rare that they create one like yours; it does happen. You may want to
try downloading the update one more time and try to install again. The file
might have gotten corrupted at some point.

Hope information helps,

Craig

"DeeDee" <DeeDee@dexters.lab.com> wrote in message
> After flashing the BIOS (to the latest version from 1999 version) things
> seem to work fine apart from the fact I can't access CDROM drives when the
> soundcard is installed. After taking it out, the drives reappear.
> Unfortunately I don't have the backup - I was sure I said yes when the
flash
> program asked if I wanted to create one - but now it's not to be found
> anywhere (?).
> Is there a way to restore the previous version without having the backup?
Or
> is there a work around to the problem? Thanks a lot for any input.
>
> --
> Regards,
> DeeDee
>
> ## All replies to this NG only. Any unsolicited e-mail will be processed
at
> Dexter's Laboratory Inc. and spammers immediately targeted. LA-LA-LA :)
> http://www.dexterslab.com ##

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

just flash the previous bios but that is not the issue, I can assure you of
that. with the new bios installed, clear the bios with the jumper and then
set ALL of the IDE channels to Auto for detection and Auto for mode and
things should work.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"DeeDee" <DeeDee@dexters.lab.com> wrote in message
> After flashing the BIOS (to the latest version from 1999 version) things
> seem to work fine apart from the fact I can't access CDROM drives when the
> soundcard is installed. After taking it out, the drives reappear.
> Unfortunately I don't have the backup - I was sure I said yes when the
flash
> program asked if I wanted to create one - but now it's not to be found
> anywhere (?).
> Is there a way to restore the previous version without having the backup?
Or
> is there a work around to the problem? Thanks a lot for any input.
>
> --
> Regards,
> DeeDee
>
> ## All replies to this NG only. Any unsolicited e-mail will be processed
at
> Dexter's Laboratory Inc. and spammers immediately targeted. LA-LA-LA :)
> http://www.dexterslab.com ##

jk

On Sat, 8 May 2004 15:03:05 +0200, "DeeDee" <DeeDee@dexters.lab.com>
wrote:

>After flashing the BIOS (to the latest version from 1999 version) things
>seem to work fine apart from the fact I can't access CDROM drives when the
>soundcard is installed. After taking it out, the drives reappear.
>Unfortunately I don't have the backup - I was sure I said yes when the flash
>program asked if I wanted to create one - but now it's not to be found
>anywhere (?).
>Is there a way to restore the previous version without having the backup? Or
>is there a work around to the problem? Thanks a lot for any input.

It sounds like an irq problem specific for windows 98/95. Go to a
better OS and irq routing is applied. It works better.

How it should be dependent of bios version seems rather strange, but
it could be because the bios is suited for win 2k/xp.

I have a well working same version of be6-ll. It booots in windows xp
with the highpoint controller and everything is working fine.

best regards

John

jk

Well. I forgot to tell the medicine: put the soundcard in another pci
slot.

best regards

John

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

cool... I used to have my sound card in slot 2 or 4, either one, with that
board and I did not have issues with that approach. I would either have a
SCSI card in 2 and a sound card in 4 or vice-versa...

--

"JK" <junk@mailzone.com> wrote in message

> Well. I forgot to tell the medicine: put the soundcard in another pci
> slot.
>
> best regards
>
> John

deedee