BE6-II v1.0 no BIOS backup taken...

After flashing the BIOS (to the latest version from 1999 version) things
seem to work fine apart from the fact I can't access CDROM drives when the
soundcard is installed. After taking it out, the drives reappear.
Unfortunately I don't have the backup - I was sure I said yes when the flash
program asked if I wanted to create one - but now it's not to be found
anywhere (?).
Is there a way to restore the previous version without having the backup? Or
is there a work around to the problem? Thanks a lot for any input.

--
Regards,
DeeDee

## All replies to this NG only. Any unsolicited e-mail will be processed at
Dexter's Laboratory Inc. and spammers immediately targeted. LA-LA-LA :)
http://www.dexterslab.com ##
6 answers Last reply
More about bios backup taken

    Hi DeeDee:

    Abit keeps a copy of all previous BIOS version available for download at
    their website. I know you've already been there. You just click on BIOS
    Revision History at bottom right on the download page for the latest BIOS.
    It'll show all the BIOS revisions and what they update. A link to the right
    of each for downloading. Here is the page:

    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios_revision.php?categories=1&model=118

    The latest BIOS revisions are usually written to correct problems. It's
    very rare that they create one like yours; it does happen. You may want to
    try downloading the update one more time and try to install again. The file
    might have gotten corrupted at some point.

    Hope information helps,

    Craig

    "DeeDee" <DeeDee@dexters.lab.com> wrote in message
    > After flashing the BIOS (to the latest version from 1999 version) things
    > seem to work fine apart from the fact I can't access CDROM drives when the
    > soundcard is installed. After taking it out, the drives reappear.
    > Unfortunately I don't have the backup - I was sure I said yes when the
    flash
    > program asked if I wanted to create one - but now it's not to be found
    > anywhere (?).
    > Is there a way to restore the previous version without having the backup?
    Or
    > is there a work around to the problem? Thanks a lot for any input.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > DeeDee
    >
    > ## All replies to this NG only. Any unsolicited e-mail will be processed
    at
    > Dexter's Laboratory Inc. and spammers immediately targeted. LA-LA-LA :)
    > http://www.dexterslab.com ##

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    just flash the previous bios but that is not the issue, I can assure you of
    that. with the new bios installed, clear the bios with the jumper and then
    set ALL of the IDE channels to Auto for detection and Auto for mode and
    things should work.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    "DeeDee" <DeeDee@dexters.lab.com> wrote in message
    > After flashing the BIOS (to the latest version from 1999 version) things
    > seem to work fine apart from the fact I can't access CDROM drives when the
    > soundcard is installed. After taking it out, the drives reappear.
    > Unfortunately I don't have the backup - I was sure I said yes when the
    flash
    > program asked if I wanted to create one - but now it's not to be found
    > anywhere (?).
    > Is there a way to restore the previous version without having the backup?
    Or
    > is there a work around to the problem? Thanks a lot for any input.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > DeeDee
    >
    > ## All replies to this NG only. Any unsolicited e-mail will be processed
    at
    > Dexter's Laboratory Inc. and spammers immediately targeted. LA-LA-LA :)
    > http://www.dexterslab.com ##

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    On Sat, 8 May 2004 15:03:05 +0200, "DeeDee" <DeeDee@dexters.lab.com>
    wrote:

    >After flashing the BIOS (to the latest version from 1999 version) things
    >seem to work fine apart from the fact I can't access CDROM drives when the
    >soundcard is installed. After taking it out, the drives reappear.
    >Unfortunately I don't have the backup - I was sure I said yes when the flash
    >program asked if I wanted to create one - but now it's not to be found
    >anywhere (?).
    >Is there a way to restore the previous version without having the backup? Or
    >is there a work around to the problem? Thanks a lot for any input.

    It sounds like an irq problem specific for windows 98/95. Go to a
    better OS and irq routing is applied. It works better.

    How it should be dependent of bios version seems rather strange, but
    it could be because the bios is suited for win 2k/xp.

    I have a well working same version of be6-ll. It booots in windows xp
    with the highpoint controller and everything is working fine.

    best regards

    John
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Well. I forgot to tell the medicine: put the soundcard in another pci
    slot.

    best regards

    John
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    cool... I used to have my sound card in slot 2 or 4, either one, with that
    board and I did not have issues with that approach. I would either have a
    SCSI card in 2 and a sound card in 4 or vice-versa...

    --

    "JK" <junk@mailzone.com> wrote in message

    > Well. I forgot to tell the medicine: put the soundcard in another pci
    > slot.
    >
    > best regards
    >
    > John
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    Thank you, I'll try doing that.

    --

    "Craig Cook" <craig_cook@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Hi DeeDee:
    >
    > Abit keeps a copy of all previous BIOS version available for download at
    > their website. I know you've already been there. You just click on BIOS
    > Revision History at bottom right on the download page for the latest BIOS.
    > It'll show all the BIOS revisions and what they update. A link to the
    right
    > of each for downloading. Here is the page:

    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios_revision.php?categories=1&model=118

    > The latest BIOS revisions are usually written to correct problems. It's
    > very rare that they create one like yours; it does happen. You may want
    > try downloading the update one more time and try to install again. The
    file
    > might have gotten corrupted at some point.
    >
    > Hope information helps,
    >
    > Craig

BIOS Backup Motherboards