RAIDO Windows Server 2003 install... IC7Max3...

doGG

Hi there,

Does anybody manage to install Server 2003 on a RAID0 config
(2*160Gigs)...

I'm using Bios 1.5, both drives are recognized, I did build the RAID
volume by pressing on Ctrl-I... the Windows install process is
starting normally, I'm pressing F6 to get Intel RAID drivers
installed... Windows starts the partition formatting and... at the end
I'm getting an error message telling me that Windows wasn't able to
format the partition...

Is this normal?
Did you find a workaround?

Thanks for your replies...
Yannick

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

flash to the newest bios for the board so you have the newest Intel bios.
make sure to be running the most current drivers which are 3.5.0.2568.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Dogg" <abc@abc.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Does anybody manage to install Server 2003 on a RAID0 config
> (2*160Gigs)...
>
> I'm using Bios 1.5, both drives are recognized, I did build the RAID
> volume by pressing on Ctrl-I... the Windows install process is
> starting normally, I'm pressing F6 to get Intel RAID drivers
> installed... Windows starts the partition formatting and... at the end
> I'm getting an error message telling me that Windows wasn't able to
> format the partition...
>
> Is this normal?
> Did you find a workaround?
>
> Thanks for your replies...
> Yannick

doGG

Did mention that I was working on bios 1.5... So I do already have the
latest one...

On Sun, 9 May 2004 12:27:12 -0400, "TomG" <tgeery-NOSPAM-@cox.net>
wrote:

>flash to the newest bios for the board so you have the newest Intel bios.
>make sure to be running the most current drivers which are 3.5.0.2568.

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

ok... wasn't sure which bios was the current rev. for that board. what
devices are on the PATA IDE controllers?

--

> Did mention that I was working on bios 1.5... So I do already have the
> latest one...
>

> On Sun, 9 May 2004 12:27:12 -0400, "TomG" <tgeery-NOSPAM-@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >flash to the newest bios for the board so you have the newest Intel bios.
> >make sure to be running the most current drivers which are 3.5.0.2568.

doGG

Plextor DVD reader connected on IDE1 as master...
The other 2 HD are on SATA1&2

On Sun, 9 May 2004 16:26:38 -0400, "TomG" <tgeery-NOSPAM-@cox.net>
wrote:

>ok... wasn't sure which bios was the current rev. for that board. what
>devices are on the PATA IDE controllers?

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

haven't heard of any issues with respect to getting this particular setup
running. you might want to visit the Abit forums on the web and see
anything regarding SATA on the IC7-G or IS7 series of boards. there is a
walkthrough there for getting set up.