Boot from SATA disk

Hello,

what do I have to change in bios, so I can boot only from a sata harddisk. I
have a IS7-E mainboard, for the moment I have to disks 1 ATA 100 and 1 SATA.
My computer boots everytime from the ATA so than I don't have a problem. The
thing is that I want a computer wit only a SATA disk in it. Who can help me?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about boot sata disk

    be sure to be running the most recent board bios so you have the most recent
    Intel and SI SATA bios inserts. The bios has a Boot Priority setting where
    you would set add-in device to be the boot and then under that in the bios
    menu, is a setting for what the add-in device is set to and that would be
    ONCHIP SATA.

    the above suggestions are based on an IS7-G bios which, I admit, is slightly
    different. none the less, I am hoping that this segment of the bios
    settings are the same.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    "The Fast" <no@spam.be> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > what do I have to change in bios, so I can boot only from a sata harddisk.
    > have a IS7-E mainboard, for the moment I have to disks 1 ATA 100 and 1
    SATA.
    > My computer boots everytime from the ATA so than I don't have a problem.
    The
    > thing is that I want a computer wit only a SATA disk in it. Who can help
    me?

    > Thanks

SATA Computer Boot Motherboards