Glenn

I am running windows xp pro. on my system. I am scanning
some documents into adobe 6.0 and after more than 10 pages
I would get a message saying that the program has lost
communication with the scanner. I have tried using
Paperport and after a few pages, the problem reapear
(saying the same thing), I have tried everything I can
think of to no avail.
Does any one have any idea?

Thanks

You need more RAM and cache set aside for the scans, you
probably have only 128 or 256 MB RAM and your cache is set
too low and or virtual memory is set too low (or both).

You can try clearing the temp files before you begin
scanning and see if that helps, but more RAM will help the
most.