Soundstorm: pure marketing bullshit or what?

I've got to admit the soundstorm sound on my NF7s v2.0 is good (better than my
old Turtle Beach Montego II) when it works. I finally got the latest audio
drivers for 98SE (a big THANK YOU to Nvidia for coming thru on that): 4.31. All
my games work now except Far Cry.

Are most of the EAX driver problems w/Soundstorm due to Creative's stonewalling
on specs?

On paper isn't soundstorm supposed to have BETTER specs than any PCI soundcard
made? I say better because supposedly soundstorm has a much higher bandwidth
than anything on the PCI bus will ever have right? So why is Nvidia ditching
soundstorm?

JJ

On 09 May 2004 23:00:04 GMT, wblane@aol.combotizer (Wblane) wrote:

>I've got to admit the soundstorm sound on my NF7s v2.0 is good (better than my
>old Turtle Beach Montego II) when it works. I finally got the latest audio
>drivers for 98SE (a big THANK YOU to Nvidia for coming thru on that): 4.31. All
>my games work now except Far Cry.
>
>Are most of the EAX driver problems w/Soundstorm due to Creative's stonewalling
>on specs?
>
>On paper isn't soundstorm supposed to have BETTER specs than any PCI soundcard
>made? I say better because supposedly soundstorm has a much higher bandwidth
>than anything on the PCI bus will ever have right? So why is Nvidia ditching
>soundstorm?
>-Bill (remove "botizer" to reply via email)

It's probably expensive, and I think new sound chips blow it away.

Wblane wrote:
> I've got to admit the soundstorm sound on my NF7s v2.0 is good
> (better than my old Turtle Beach Montego II) when it works. I finally
> got the latest audio drivers for 98SE (a big THANK YOU to Nvidia for
> coming thru on that): 4.31. All my games work now except Far Cry.

I had sound issues too in Far Cry (Unified Driver 3.13). They disappeared
when I went back to my older Sound Blaster Live Value. Well......

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Nah, my housemate has huge problems with far cry on his extigy, and my
audigy (pre soundstorm :) gave out cracks and pops. don't think its nvidia's
fault.

"Per Nielsen" <dazzler53@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Wblane wrote:
> > I've got to admit the soundstorm sound on my NF7s v2.0 is good
> > (better than my old Turtle Beach Montego II) when it works. I finally
> > got the latest audio drivers for 98SE (a big THANK YOU to Nvidia for
> > coming thru on that): 4.31. All my games work now except Far Cry.
>
> I had sound issues too in Far Cry (Unified Driver 3.13). They disappeared
> when I went back to my older Sound Blaster Live Value. Well......

TRENDING THREADS