Anyone got a ThermalTake Silent boost with the Hydrowave B..

Is it quiet, ive got a Vantec AeroFlow but i want more HUSH, will i
get it with the Silent Boost ?

Thanks for any help.

testy

Yep only 21 decibels. And 4-5C cooler than my volcano 7+.

Testy

"We Live For The One We Die For The One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:u17v90hb0t0ho2u63hj7lve8vbhoijgqar@4ax.com...

> Is it quiet, ive got a Vantec AeroFlow but i want more HUSH, will i
> get it with the Silent Boost ?
>
> Thanks for any help.

---

I'm using a Spire WhisperRock6, it is 19db!! It runs so quiet that you won't
even hear it's there. Noise from harddisk, Kt7A- northbridge fan is easily
the noisyest thing in pc now.

"We Live For The One We Die For The One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
message news:u17v90hb0t0ho2u63hj7lve8vbhoijgqar@4ax.com...

> Is it quiet, ive got a Vantec AeroFlow but i want more HUSH, will i
> get it with the Silent Boost ?
>
> Thanks for any help.

On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:15:11 +1000, We Live For The One We Die For The One
wrote:

> Is it quiet, ive got a Vantec AeroFlow but i want more HUSH, will i
> get it with the Silent Boost ?

If you're looking for something quiet, cheap, and will work ok with any
cpu up to the 3200+, then get a TR2-M1 (or M3). About $8

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Testy" <tdella@canada.com> wrote in message
> Yep only 21 decibels. And 4-5C cooler than my volcano 7+.

I can't believe this "21 decibels" stuff. Mine made a whole load more noise
than that. It was *easily* the noisiest thing inside my PC. I read a
review somewhere where they tested it and it came out at 44 dbA!

Chip.

> Testy
>
> "We Live For The One We Die For The One" <Mr fred@yahoo.com.au> wrote in
> message news:u17v90hb0t0ho2u63hj7lve8vbhoijgqar@4ax.com...
> >

> > Is it quiet, ive got a Vantec AeroFlow but i want more HUSH, will i
> > get it with the Silent Boost ?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >

> ---

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
> I'm using a Spire WhisperRock6

No you aren't. There's no such thing.

Wes, can the Athlon 64 heatsinks be used on older non 64 setup's? Or,
only some of them work?

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~hal-9000/

message news:htdv901kg24uitdmbfun9r4vpc2skn2fid@4ax.com...
> Theirs a IV version :)
>
> http://www.modsynergy.com/Review%20100.htm
>

> On Mon, 10 May 2004 18:09:33 +0100, "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Spire WhisperRock6

Hey "We Live For The One We Die For The One", you saved me there :)
I never tought this budget thingy was so good ? Now i'm a proud owner :)

I forgot to mention, that i lapped my hs base 2 months ago. Temps dropped
about 4-8'C in most cases. Load dropped about 4'C while load temp was
reduced by 6-7'C. Not bad at all, all that with a *cheap ass* silicon
compound :)

Did you get the Hydrowave bearing version ?

message news:c1ev909g0mt04ptjud4d554e7davdaajue@4ax.com...

> Did you get the Hydrowave bearing version ?

Yup

On Tue, 11 May 2004 00:59:47 -0500, - HAL9000 wrote:

> Wes, can the Athlon 64 heatsinks be used on older non 64 setup's? Or,
> only some of them work?

Won't work unless the HSF is a combo unit with clips for socket A also. I
think there is someone that includes hardware to mount its cooler on about
anything, but I don't recall which it is.

Eh.. it's SPA04B4 WhisperRock IV.

Isn't IV = 6??
My roman is just as bad as Bart's :)

On Tue, 11 May 2004 18:24:50 GMT, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
.. n o> wrote:

>Eh.. it's SPA04B4 WhisperRock IV.

>Isn't IV = 6??
>My roman is just as bad as Bart's :)

>"Visine" <Visinenot@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.spire-coolers.com/home.asp

>> May be a misread of iv & vi ?

>> Vis

IV=4
VI=6

Putting any small number in front of a large one is a subtraction
Putting any small number behind a large one is a addition

X=10
L=50
C=100
D=500
M=1000

Regards, BoroLad

Ok thanks. They look different but don't have a 64 to see for sure.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~hal-9000/

On Tue, 11 May 2004 11:21:02 GMT, Wes Newell
<w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 May 2004 00:59:47 -0500, - HAL9000 wrote:
>
>> Wes, can the Athlon 64 heatsinks be used on older non 64 setup's? Or,
>> only some of them work?
>>
>Won't work unless the HSF is a combo unit with clips for socket A also. I
>think there is someone that includes hardware to mount its cooler on about
>anything, but I don't recall which it is.

I also had the Vantec AeroFlow before moving to the Silent Boost.

Running a 2500 Barton and is getting upto 54 under load - but a lot lot
quieter. Beautiful.

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:54:36 +0100, borolad@myowseintheboro.org wrote:

>On Tue, 11 May 2004 18:24:50 GMT, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
>. n o> wrote:
>
>>Eh.. it's SPA04B4 WhisperRock IV.
>
>>Isn't IV = 6??
>>My roman is just as bad as Bart's :)
>
>>"Visine" <Visinenot@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>> http://www.spire-coolers.com/home.asp
>
>>> May be a misread of iv & vi ?
>
>>> Vis
>
>IV=4
>VI=6
>
>Putting any small number in front of a large one is a subtraction
>Putting any small number behind a large one is a addition
>
>X=10
>L=50
>C=100
>D=500
>M=1000
>
>Regards, BoroLad

And, of course, Borolad, in case anyone couldn't deduce it from the
given information, I=1 and V=5. There was also no 0 in Roman
numeration: they really weren't too bright.

patrickp

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

<borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 May 2004 18:24:50 GMT, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
> . n o> wrote:
>
> >Eh.. it's SPA04B4 WhisperRock IV.
>
> >Isn't IV = 6??
> >My roman is just as bad as Bart's :)
>
> >"Visine" <Visinenot@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> >> http://www.spire-coolers.com/home.asp
>
> >> May be a misread of iv & vi ?
>
> >> Vis
>
> IV=4
> VI=6
>
> Putting any small number in front of a large one is a subtraction
> Putting any small number behind a large one is a addition

.... with some restrictions. e.g. you can't precede a "C" with a "I".
Don't ask me why. So 99 is not "IC" - this is not allowed. 99 is XCIX. XC
being 90 and IX an additional 9.

On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:35:10 +0100, "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net>
wrote:

><borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 11 May 2004 18:24:50 GMT, "Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t
>> . n o> wrote:

>> >Eh.. it's SPA04B4 WhisperRock IV.

>> >Isn't IV = 6??
>> >My roman is just as bad as Bart's :)

>> >"Visine" <Visinenot@btinternet.com> wrote in message

>> IV=4
>> VI=6

>> Putting any small number in front of a large one is a subtraction
>> Putting any small number behind a large one is a addition

>... with some restrictions. e.g. you can't precede a "C" with a "I".
>Don't ask me why. So 99 is not "IC" - this is not allowed. 99 is XCIX. XC
>being 90 and IX an additional 9.

The romans didn't have a symbol for zero, the arabic [ today's use ]
did, I think that was it - but it's been nearly 60 years since I
learned this, my memory may be fragile.

Regards, Chip

BoroLad