I hope someone can help me or point me to where I can get
it!

My PC is loaded with Microsoft XP Pro. I have an
internal hard drive and an external for backup. My
computer was having trouble so I decided to use my XP
disk to re-partition and format the hard drive and reload
the OS. I didn't know I left my external HD on and
accidentally removed the Partition on it! I immediately
turned of the drive. Now I cannot access the data. I
did not redo the partition or format the drive ... is
there a way to get the partition back or get the files
off the drive? I have EXTREMELY Important data on that
drive! What can I do? Please help me!

"Yochanan" <1forisrael@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I hope someone can help me or point me to where I can get
> it!
>
> My PC is loaded with Microsoft XP Pro. I have an
> internal hard drive and an external for backup. My
> computer was having trouble so I decided to use my XP
> disk to re-partition and format the hard drive and reload
> the OS. I didn't know I left my external HD on and
> accidentally removed the Partition on it! I immediately
> turned of the drive. Now I cannot access the data. I
> did not redo the partition or format the drive ... is
> there a way to get the partition back or get the files
> off the drive? I have EXTREMELY Important data on that
> drive! What can I do? Please help me!

I have successfully used RecoveryExport (www.acronis.com)
on several occasion when restoring deleted partitions.

If your data is EXTREMELY important (your capitalisation)
then this would be a good time to review your backup strategy.
Extremely important data must be backed up to at least two
independent media that are kept away from the PC. If you use
a single medium then you leave yourself wide open to errors
such as the one you report here.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. Yes, you are
right about my backups. I have learned my lesson.