XP Driver for an HP 722C Printer

I have been using a HP722C printer with Win 98SE with no problems for years.
Recently upgraded to Win XP and the XP driver supplied will not allow
automatic double sided printing. Each page has to be printed separately. HP
has no upgraded driver for this printer for XP. Has anyone managed to find a
driver that solves this problem?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about driver 722c printer

    In article <2pfcc.77864$aC1.6240@charlie.risq.qc.ca>,
    noaddress@nowhere.net says...
    > I have been using a HP722C printer with Win 98SE with no problems for years.
    > Recently upgraded to Win XP and the XP driver supplied will not allow
    > automatic double sided printing. Each page has to be printed separately. HP
    > has no upgraded driver for this printer for XP. Has anyone managed to find a
    > driver that solves this problem?

    The 820 and 7xx series were the few HP's that were host-based. That
    means they do not use normal PCL commands like virtually all other models.
    They will work ONLY with drivers specifically written for them. Basically,
    that means if HP hasn't written XP specific full-feature drivers, you are
    out of luck unless there is 3rd party software that can intervene and
    modify a print run.

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross

    "Kaog" <noaddress@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > I have been using a HP722C printer with Win 98SE with no problems for
    years.
    > Recently upgraded to Win XP and the XP driver supplied will not allow
    > automatic double sided printing. Each page has to be printed
    separately. HP
    > has no upgraded driver for this printer for XP. Has anyone managed to
    find a
    > driver that solves this problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    I Didn't.
    I used Fineprint 2000 to do it for me Since changed printers and use
    Fineprint to make a5 booklets Saves ink and Trees

    FinePrint will allow your 722C to print double sided and give other
    features that the H-P XP driver will not. It costs about $49.00 I
    believe but you will save that in paper over time.

    http://www.fineprint.com/index.html

    Ken Miller

    "Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message
    > In article <2pfcc.77864$aC1.6240@charlie.risq.qc.ca>,
    > noaddress@nowhere.net says...
    > > I have been using a HP722C printer with Win 98SE with no problems
    for years.
    > > Recently upgraded to Win XP and the XP driver supplied will not
    allow
    > > automatic double sided printing. Each page has to be printed
    separately. HP
    > > has no upgraded driver for this printer for XP. Has anyone managed
    to find a
    > > driver that solves this problem?
    >
    > The 820 and 7xx series were the few HP's that were host-based. That
    > means they do not use normal PCL commands like virtually all other
    models.
    > They will work ONLY with drivers specifically written for them.
    Basically,
    > that means if HP hasn't written XP specific full-feature drivers, you
    are
    > out of luck unless there is 3rd party software that can intervene and
    > modify a print run.
    >
    > --
    > If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying!
    > All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
    > law!!
    > http://home.att.net/~andyross

    On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:01:02 GMT, "Kaog" <noaddress@nowhere.net> wrote
    as underneath my scribble :

    There are no upgraded drivers produced by HP or any 3rd party - this
    is HP policy to make you buy more ink or new printers. The drivers
    with W2Kand Wxp are basic only and far thirstier on colour even when
    printing mainly black.
    Next time you change your Windows expect your new HP printer to go the
    same way!
    Charlie+

    >I have been using a HP722C printer with Win 98SE with no problems for years.
    >Recently upgraded to Win XP and the XP driver supplied will not allow
    >automatic double sided printing. Each page has to be printed separately. HP
    >has no upgraded driver for this printer for XP. Has anyone managed to find a
    >driver that solves this problem?
    >
    >Thanks

Printers Hewlett Packard Windows XP Peripherals