SanDisk Mini flash drive woes

I have a new SanDisk Mini (128 MB) flash drive. It seems to work fine
on a Win 2000 (call it machine A).

On another box (machine B), I'm running Win XP SP 1.

When I plug it into the USB port of machine B, the LED on the flash
drive lights up as normal. However, nothing else happens. Win XP
does not seem to recognize the drive in any way.

I have tried the (useless) SanDisk website. It mentions a reg-edit,
which I have tried, but to no avail. I have also scanned Microsoft's
KB, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Some other info:

-- machine B is a Win XP upgrade from Win 2K
-- there are several logical paritions on the machine, in addition to
a CD and DVD drive. Drive letters C: through I: are in use.

Again, any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Mike

I just had a similar experience with a 256MB Sandisk flashdrive. I put it in
whilst in my normal account (No admin priviliges) and nothing happened. I then
logged in as admin and tried it and bingo it worked - I flip back to my normal
account and now I can see it. It just seems it wouldn't install it unless i was
logged in as admin.

--
Regards
Ken.......................

"MyNameWouldGoHere" <keyofdminor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a new SanDisk Mini (128 MB) flash drive. It seems to work fine
> on a Win 2000 (call it machine A).
>
> On another box (machine B), I'm running Win XP SP 1.
>
> When I plug it into the USB port of machine B, the LED on the flash
> drive lights up as normal. However, nothing else happens. Win XP
> does not seem to recognize the drive in any way.
>
> I have tried the (useless) SanDisk website. It mentions a reg-edit,
> which I have tried, but to no avail. I have also scanned Microsoft's
> KB, but no luck.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Some other info:
>
> -- machine B is a Win XP upgrade from Win 2K
> -- there are several logical paritions on the machine, in addition to
> a CD and DVD drive. Drive letters C: through I: are in use.
>
> Again, any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
> Mike

---