I have an Abit mobo KT7A-Raid that I just upgraded the bios to 4A. I
reformated the hard drives to get rid of all the junk my son had downloaded
from the internet and reinstalled Win 98Se. My main hard drive is a 30 GB WD
and, I also have a CD burner and a I have a DVD burner. I have two 60GB WD
hard drives set up on the raid in the stripping array. When I boot the
machine the bios recognizes the raid set upand shows the two hard drives but
when I bring up explorer or go to my computer MS windows doesn't recognize
the setup. The 1.44 floppy drives comes up as A:\ the main hard drive comes
up as C:\ the CD burner comes up as D:\ and the DVD burner comes up as E:\
but no sign of the raid drives. I need help please!

"gmc83" <gmc83@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I have an Abit mobo KT7A-Raid that I just upgraded the bios to 4A. I
> reformated the hard drives to get rid of all the junk my son had
downloaded
> from the internet and reinstalled Win 98Se. My main hard drive is a 30 GB
WD
> and, I also have a CD burner and a I have a DVD burner. I have two 60GB
WD
> hard drives set up on the raid in the stripping array. When I boot the
> machine the bios recognizes the raid set upand shows the two hard drives
but
> when I bring up explorer or go to my computer MS windows doesn't recognize
> the setup. The 1.44 floppy drives comes up as A:\ the main hard drive
comes
> up as C:\ the CD burner comes up as D:\ and the DVD burner comes up as E:\
> but no sign of the raid drives. I need help please!

"gmc83" <gmc83@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I have an Abit mobo KT7A-Raid that I just upgraded the bios to 4A. I
> reformated the hard drives to get rid of all the junk my son had
downloaded
> from the internet and reinstalled Win 98Se. My main hard drive is a 30 GB
WD
> and, I also have a CD burner and a I have a DVD burner. I have two 60GB
WD
> hard drives set up on the raid in the stripping array. When I boot the
> machine the bios recognizes the raid set upand shows the two hard drives
but
> when I bring up explorer or go to my computer MS windows doesn't recognize
> the setup. The 1.44 floppy drives comes up as A:\ the main hard drive
comes
> up as C:\ the CD burner comes up as D:\ and the DVD burner comes up as E:\
> but no sign of the raid drives. I need help please!

Has the RAID been partitioned? Windows won't see it till it has been
Fdisk'd. You have, of course, loaded the RAID drivers?

My Raid drivers have been installed. When I boot in Dos the drive does'nt
show to allow me to Fdisk to partition. Any ideas will help. Thanks

> My Raid drivers have been installed. When I boot in Dos the drive does'nt
> show to allow me to Fdisk to partition. Any ideas will help. Thanks
>

>>>When I boot the
>>> machine the bios recognizes the raid set upand >>>shows the two hard
drives

It's been a while (years...) since I set mine up, but if I remember right,
the BIOS will see the array as 1 big drive during boot up, not 2. Sounds
like maybe you didn't complete the RAID setup or something. Try going into
the Highpoint RAID setup program again and check the status of your array.
Maybe go through the whole setup process of creating the array to make sure.
And make sure the Highpoint controller is enabled in the BIOS.

Von Erik