Boot Monitor Problems

I have recently put a machine together using the ABit NF7_M Motherboard my
problem is that when I switch the computer on the monitor will sometimes not
kick in I have to power down the monitor switch it on again and switch the
computer on and everything goes as it should this happens with at least 3
different monitors. Anybody help.

256mb DDR 2700 using onboard gfx set at 64 MB

JAMES ABEL said in news:c7r0g1$79f$1@sparta.btinternet.com:
> I have recently put a machine together using the ABit NF7_M
> Motherboard my problem is that when I switch the computer on the
> monitor will sometimes not kick in I have to power down the monitor
> switch it on again and switch the computer on and everything goes as
> it should this happens with at least 3 different monitors. Anybody
> help.
>
> 256mb DDR 2700 using onboard gfx set at 64 MB

Is the BIOS configured to use the correct slot type for the video? Often
there is a setting where you choose which video device to boot from first,
PCI or AGP. If you have an AGP video card, set this to use AGP video first.

*** Email: domain = ".com" and append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

JAMES ABEL wrote:
> I have recently put a machine together using the ABit NF7_M Motherboard my
> problem is that when I switch the computer on the monitor will sometimes not
> kick in I have to power down the monitor switch it on again and switch the
> computer on and everything goes as it should this happens with at least 3
> different monitors.

Probably some wire that is almost broken in the monitor cable.
Have you been bending that cable a lot?

It happens on at least 3 different monitors.

JAMES ABEL wrote:
> It happens on at least 3 different monitors.

Ah, sorry. I read it the other way around.

Try another PSU then, it might not deliver enough voltage at boot-time.
The "Codegen 300X" is a known trouble-maker..

I`ve heard of this before if the problem persists I`ll try that.

Thanks