NF7 will not post . . .

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 12, 2004 12:24:23 PM

I have an Abit NF7 with an Athlon XP 2200+, 256 PC2100 Kingston Ram
and a 350 Antec PS. It runs great with a ATI Radeon 7500 4x AGP video
card.

When I drop in a Nvidia Gforce4 MX440 128MB 8x AGP clone video card
and turn on the power, the lights and fans come on, but no POST, no
beeps, no video.

I have tried resetting and reflashing the Bios to version DW but that
did not fix it. All bios setting are set to optimum settings. I looked
in the bios when the ATI Radeon 7500 is on and it shows the
power/settings that look good for a 4x AGP card but the bios settings
(which do not match the manual . . .) cannot be set to 8x AGP.

I tried different 300w and 350w power supplies that I had laying
around, same thing. I had another NF7 motherboard and it does the same
thing.

I tried dropping the Nvidia video card in three different Abit KR7A
Raids that I
have, and they power right up and the video is OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks

More about : nf7 post

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 12, 2004 12:38:55 PM

Which version of the MB 1 or 2. The bios should be 23 if it is version 2
then 8X should be selectable.

"Any Mouse" <tsanltr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have an Abit NF7 with an Athlon XP 2200+, 256 PC2100 Kingston Ram
> and a 350 Antec PS. It runs great with a ATI Radeon 7500 4x AGP video
> card.
>
> When I drop in a Nvidia Gforce4 MX440 128MB 8x AGP clone video card
> and turn on the power, the lights and fans come on, but no POST, no
> beeps, no video.
>
> I have tried resetting and reflashing the Bios to version DW but that
> did not fix it. All bios setting are set to optimum settings. I looked
> in the bios when the ATI Radeon 7500 is on and it shows the
> power/settings that look good for a 4x AGP card but the bios settings
> (which do not match the manual . . .) cannot be set to 8x AGP.
>
> I tried different 300w and 350w power supplies that I had laying
> around, same thing. I had another NF7 motherboard and it does the same
> thing.
>
> I tried dropping the Nvidia video card in three different Abit KR7A
> Raids that I
> have, and they power right up and the video is OK.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 12, 2004 8:19:04 PM

On 12 May 2004 08:24:23 -0700, Any Mouse <tsanltr@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have an Abit NF7 with an Athlon XP 2200+, 256 PC2100 Kingston Ram
> and a 350 Antec PS. It runs great with a ATI Radeon 7500 4x AGP video
> card.
>
> When I drop in a Nvidia Gforce4 MX440 128MB 8x AGP clone video card
> and turn on the power, the lights and fans come on, but no POST, no
> beeps, no video.
>
> I have tried resetting and reflashing the Bios to version DW but that
> did not fix it. All bios setting are set to optimum settings. I looked
> in the bios when the ATI Radeon 7500 is on and it shows the
> power/settings that look good for a 4x AGP card but the bios settings
> (which do not match the manual . . .) cannot be set to 8x AGP.
>
> I tried different 300w and 350w power supplies that I had laying
> around, same thing. I had another NF7 motherboard and it does the same
> thing.
>
> I tried dropping the Nvidia video card in three different Abit KR7A
> Raids that I
> have, and they power right up and the video is OK.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Will the machine post if you hit the reset button? Try that and get back
to me.

Larry Gagnon
--
to reply via email remove "fake"