NF7 will not post . . .

I have an Abit NF7 with an Athlon XP 2200+, 256 PC2100 Kingston Ram
and a 350 Antec PS. It runs great with a ATI Radeon 7500 4x AGP video
card.

When I drop in a Nvidia Gforce4 MX440 128MB 8x AGP clone video card
and turn on the power, the lights and fans come on, but no POST, no
beeps, no video.

I have tried resetting and reflashing the Bios to version DW but that
did not fix it. All bios setting are set to optimum settings. I looked
in the bios when the ATI Radeon 7500 is on and it shows the
power/settings that look good for a 4x AGP card but the bios settings
(which do not match the manual . . .) cannot be set to 8x AGP.

I tried different 300w and 350w power supplies that I had laying
around, same thing. I had another NF7 motherboard and it does the same
thing.

I tried dropping the Nvidia video card in three different Abit KR7A
Raids that I
have, and they power right up and the video is OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about post

    Which version of the MB 1 or 2. The bios should be 23 if it is version 2
    then 8X should be selectable.

    "Any Mouse" <tsanltr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have an Abit NF7 with an Athlon XP 2200+, 256 PC2100 Kingston Ram
    > and a 350 Antec PS. It runs great with a ATI Radeon 7500 4x AGP video
    > card.
    >
    > When I drop in a Nvidia Gforce4 MX440 128MB 8x AGP clone video card
    > and turn on the power, the lights and fans come on, but no POST, no
    > beeps, no video.
    >
    > I have tried resetting and reflashing the Bios to version DW but that
    > did not fix it. All bios setting are set to optimum settings. I looked
    > in the bios when the ATI Radeon 7500 is on and it shows the
    > power/settings that look good for a 4x AGP card but the bios settings
    > (which do not match the manual . . .) cannot be set to 8x AGP.
    >
    > I tried different 300w and 350w power supplies that I had laying
    > around, same thing. I had another NF7 motherboard and it does the same
    > thing.
    >
    > I tried dropping the Nvidia video card in three different Abit KR7A
    > Raids that I
    > have, and they power right up and the video is OK.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?)

    On 12 May 2004 08:24:23 -0700, Any Mouse <tsanltr@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > I have an Abit NF7 with an Athlon XP 2200+, 256 PC2100 Kingston Ram
    > and a 350 Antec PS. It runs great with a ATI Radeon 7500 4x AGP video
    > card.
    >
    > When I drop in a Nvidia Gforce4 MX440 128MB 8x AGP clone video card
    > and turn on the power, the lights and fans come on, but no POST, no
    > beeps, no video.
    >
    > I have tried resetting and reflashing the Bios to version DW but that
    > did not fix it. All bios setting are set to optimum settings. I looked
    > in the bios when the ATI Radeon 7500 is on and it shows the
    > power/settings that look good for a 4x AGP card but the bios settings
    > (which do not match the manual . . .) cannot be set to 8x AGP.
    >
    > I tried different 300w and 350w power supplies that I had laying
    > around, same thing. I had another NF7 motherboard and it does the same
    > thing.
    >
    > I tried dropping the Nvidia video card in three different Abit KR7A
    > Raids that I
    > have, and they power right up and the video is OK.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    Will the machine post if you hit the reset button? Try that and get back
    to me.

    Larry Gagnon
    --
    to reply via email remove "fake"