Wireless problem with SP2 and HTTPS

I am using a US Robotics access point and wirless cards. In some of the
computers on the network I dont have SP2 installed, the internet and all
https sites (such as hotmail, yahoo) are working fine. On other computers I
have SP2 installed, they don not work. Any suggestions please

Thanks

Malke

Omar Karim wrote:

> I am using a US Robotics access point and wirless cards. In some of
> the computers on the network I dont have SP2 installed, the internet
> and all https sites (such as hotmail, yahoo) are working fine. On
> other computers I have SP2 installed, they don not work. Any
> suggestions please
>
> Thanks

SP2 automatically turns on the Windows Firewall. If you are using a
third-party firewall, go to the Windows Firewall applet in Control
Panel and turn if off. If you are only using the Windows Firewall, put
the IP range of your lan in its exceptions since it is Trusted.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Thanks Mike for replying,

I already have windows firewall turned on in the main connection to the
internet, so I dont need to turn the windows firewall on in the client
wireless computer thats having the problem (as suggested in windows network
help). I have tried to uninstall SP2 and got only SP1 and the problem still
exsist.

"Malke" wrote:

> Omar Karim wrote:
>
> > I am using a US Robotics access point and wirless cards. In some of
> > the computers on the network I dont have SP2 installed, the internet
> > and all https sites (such as hotmail, yahoo) are working fine. On
> > other computers I have SP2 installed, they don not work. Any
> > suggestions please
> >
> > Thanks
>
> SP2 automatically turns on the Windows Firewall. If you are using a
> third-party firewall, go to the Windows Firewall applet in Control
> Panel and turn if off. If you are only using the Windows Firewall, put
> the IP range of your lan in its exceptions since it is Trusted.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"

Malke

Omar Karim wrote:

> Thanks Mike for replying,
>
> I already have windows firewall turned on in the main connection to
> the internet, so I dont need to turn the windows firewall on in the
> client wireless computer thats having the problem (as suggested in
> windows network help). I have tried to uninstall SP2 and got only SP1
> and the problem still exsist.
>
> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> Omar Karim wrote:
>>
>> > I am using a US Robotics access point and wirless cards. In some of
>> > the computers on the network I dont have SP2 installed, the
>> > internet and all https sites (such as hotmail, yahoo) are working
>> > fine. On other computers I have SP2 installed, they don not work.
>> > Any suggestions please

Every Windows machine that connects to the Internet needs a firewall
installed unless you are behind a really heavy-duty corporate firewall.
It doesn't sound like that is your situation. My point was that the
Windows Firewall is turned on automatically with SP2 and you have to
turn it off. With SP1, check to make sure the ICS firewall is not
activated on the lan connection.

Malke