winTV PVR 2-USB 2.0

Does any 1 know how to fix the usb problem where windows
does not recognize this device? please e-mail me with any
help. thx.
2 answers Last reply
More about wintv

    Have you tried installing the drivers before
    plugging the device in?

    "George" <Gseaver4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Does any 1 know how to fix the usb problem where windows
    > does not recognize this device? please e-mail me with any
    > help. thx.

    George,

    Sorry for the late Post, but it's a problem with the Hauppauge device. I'm on my third one because of this problem. You can work around the problem by either reinstalling the drivers every time it happens, or, cancelling everything, then clean up (uninstall) the bogus "hidden" ghosted devices in the USB and Multimedia Sections of Device Mangger (all the tips and trick sites have that one), then, unplug the USB cable from the device and plug it back in again. It doesn't work every time, so you might have to do it more than once to get it working.

    My latest board is only a month old, and they still haven't corrected the problem which seriously flaws an otherwise wonderful product. The USB 2.0 port failed entirely in my last board and the driver kept loading and unloading all day long, which of course you can hear!

    Call them up and ask them to repair the problem or drop ship you a new one. Although, they'll act like they've never heard of the problem, they'll replace it for you, and that will work at least for a while.

    "George" wrote:

    > Does any 1 know how to fix the usb problem where windows
    > does not recognize this device? please e-mail me with any
    > help. thx.

Hardware WinTV Microsoft USB Windows XP