how do i format win nt with win98se to install winxpprofes..

i want to install winxp professional but need to format first.when i insert win98se floppy to format there is an error refering to win nt.i was not aware that win nt was previously installed as it is a second hand computor,it appears that the previous owner installed over win nt.can u please tell me what i need to do to format from floppy
2 answers Last reply
More about format win98se install winxpprofes

    Greetings --

    There's absolutely no need to use a Win9x boot diskette. Boot
    diskettes are a thing of the past, as all legitimate WinXP
    installation CDs are already bootable.

    Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
    installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

    HOW TO Install Windows XP

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    "erol barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i want to install winxp professional but need to format first.when i
    >insert win98se floppy to format there is an error refering to win
    >nt.i was not aware that win nt was previously installed as it is a
    >second hand computor,it appears that the previous owner installed
    >over win nt.can u please tell me what i need to do to format from
    >floppy

    "erol barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i want to install winxp professional but need to format first.when i
    insert win98se floppy to format there is an error refering to win nt.i was
    not aware that win nt was previously installed as it is a second hand
    computor,it appears that the previous owner installed over win nt.can u
    please tell me what i need to do to format from floppy

    No need to format anything in advance. Boot your PC with your WinXP CD, then
    follow the prompts.

Floppy Disk Format Windows XP