how do i format win nt with win98se to install winxpprofes..

April 10, 2004 10:26:03 AM

i want to install winxp professional but need to format first.when i insert win98se floppy to format there is an error refering to win nt.i was not aware that win nt was previously installed as it is a second hand computor,it appears that the previous owner installed over win nt.can u please tell me what i need to do to format from floppy
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 3:22:10 PM

Greetings --

There's absolutely no need to use a Win9x boot diskette. Boot
diskettes are a thing of the past, as all legitimate WinXP
installation CDs are already bootable.

Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

HOW TO Install Windows XP

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"erol barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D F9C3F54-9AD0-45E9-80F6-37A3FC4285D7@microsoft.com...
>i want to install winxp professional but need to format first.when i
>insert win98se floppy to format there is an error refering to win
>nt.i was not aware that win nt was previously installed as it is a
>second hand computor,it appears that the previous owner installed
>over win nt.can u please tell me what i need to do to format from
>floppy
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 3:39:40 AM

"erol barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D F9C3F54-9AD0-45E9-80F6-37A3FC4285D7@microsoft.com...
> i want to install winxp professional but need to format first.when i
insert win98se floppy to format there is an error refering to win nt.i was
not aware that win nt was previously installed as it is a second hand
computor,it appears that the previous owner installed over win nt.can u
please tell me what i need to do to format from floppy

No need to format anything in advance. Boot your PC with your WinXP CD, then
follow the prompts.
!