TV Connection

April 10, 2004 12:11:51 PM

Using XP Professional + lead with an S Video plug into my
Laptop and a SCART plug into the back of my TV, I can get
only a black and white immage from the computer on the TV
screen. Furthermore, on using Windows Media Player, the
TV plays the sound for a DVD + sees WMP but does not show
the video immage - which plays OK on the Laptop. What am
I doing wrong?

Thanks, Graham

More about : connection

April 15, 2004 7:00:22 PM

Sometimes, depending on the videocard drivers
(and the version), for the vidcard (I know some
versions of the Nvidia videocard drivers, do this), it detects the video out
and will stop, as you've noticed the picture getting to the TV if viewing a
DVD from a computer, or laptop with a video out on the card.

It's kind of like Macrovision. To prevent you
from copying/recording that DVD to a VCR.

!