I just bought a new VH6T motherboard and plan to replace an old BH6. I
have searched everywhere for the max processor either PIII or celeron
that this board will handle but find very little information. I don't
have the board yet but if it's not flashed to the latest G8 it will
be.

I have read that this board will not handle the server Tualatin
Pentiums with 512 cache and 133fsb and that I will have to stick with
the 256 cache and 133fsb.

Here would be my ideal, Intel P-3 1130A PPGA2,1130MHZ,133MHZ FSB,FLIP
CHIP TUALATIN,SOCKET 370,256K L2 CACHE but will it work???

Thanks, Will

It should run with any Tualatin up to 1.4GHz, including the versions with
512kB cache I think. Certainly the chip you're proposing would be
fine......but it would be better value to get a 1.1GHz Tualatin Celeron and
overclock it to 133FSB for 1.46GHz.

"Will Wright" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I just bought a new VH6T motherboard and plan to replace an old BH6. I
> have searched everywhere for the max processor either PIII or celeron
> that this board will handle but find very little information. I don't
> have the board yet but if it's not flashed to the latest G8 it will
> be.
>
> I have read that this board will not handle the server Tualatin
> Pentiums with 512 cache and 133fsb and that I will have to stick with
> the 256 cache and 133fsb.
>
> Here would be my ideal, Intel P-3 1130A PPGA2,1130MHZ,133MHZ FSB,FLIP
> CHIP TUALATIN,SOCKET 370,256K L2 CACHE but will it work???
>
> Thanks, Will

jk

On Fri, 14 May 2004 03:22:40 GMT, Will Wright <nobody@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>I just bought a new VH6T motherboard and plan to replace an old BH6. I
>have searched everywhere for the max processor either PIII or celeron
>that this board will handle but find very little information. I don't
>have the board yet but if it's not flashed to the latest G8 it will
>be.
>
>I have read that this board will not handle the server Tualatin
>Pentiums with 512 cache and 133fsb and that I will have to stick with
>the 256 cache and 133fsb.
>
>Here would be my ideal, Intel P-3 1130A PPGA2,1130MHZ,133MHZ FSB,FLIP
>CHIP TUALATIN,SOCKET 370,256K L2 CACHE but will it work???

It is a nice MB. Via chipset, so it takes 512 Mb ram modules, max. 3
of them.

Max. cpu is the top of any tualatins. Remember that celerons and P3
just has the difference that celeron has 256 kbyte 2nd level cache,
which is comparable to the coppermine P3. But tualatin P3 has 512
kbyte cache.
It is likely that a 1200 celeron can make 12x133=1600 or 12x124.

And I believe it will do silent standby for you, if all your other
components support acpi.

best regards

John