SATA Raid

I recently purchased 2 Serial ATA 120 gig Western Digital Hard Drives.
I put the drives in, flashed the BIOS to the latest version (19, for
the IS7) and rebooted. Now, some of my IDE Drives (Such as my 120 gig
Maxtor and CD Burner) won't show up, the only one that does show up is
my 20 gig C: drive. I had gotten it to boot into Windows without the
SATA drives, it installed all the drives for them, I rebooted the
machine because the 120 gig Maxtor was missing from "My Computer", now
all it does is get to where the Boot Screen is, and than it restarts,
every time, even if I just have the two IDE (20 gig and 120) plugged
in.

Any ideas, suggestions?

--
If you view your problem closely
enough you will recognize yourself as

>Subject: SATA Raid
>From: Steve Scott sscott1@twcny.rr.com
>Date: 5/14/2004 6:09 AM Central Daylight Time
>
>I recently purchased 2 Serial ATA 120 gig Western Digital Hard Drives.
>I put the drives in, flashed the BIOS to the latest version (19, for
>the IS7) and rebooted. Now, some of my IDE Drives (Such as my 120 gig
>Maxtor and CD Burner) won't show up, the only one that does show up is
>my 20 gig C: drive. I had gotten it to boot into Windows without the
>SATA drives, it installed all the drives for them, I rebooted the
>machine because the 120 gig Maxtor was missing from "My Computer", now
>all it does is get to where the Boot Screen is, and than it restarts,
>every time, even if I just have the two IDE (20 gig and 120) plugged
>in.
>
>Any ideas, suggestions?

Try resetting your CMOS.

I tried that, I removed the SATA Drives, reset the CMOS, booted the
machine up, same problem. I removed the CD-ROM from the second IDE
channel, cleared CMOS, and booted up, same problem. I removed all
drives except for my 20 gig WD, cleared CMOS, and tried it again, same
problem. All the machine will see is the 20 gig WD unless I put in the
SATA drives, than it will see all the IDE Drives (The 20 gig WD, the
Maxtor and the Zip 750), it never sees the CD-ROM, no matter what.

--
If you view your problem closely
enough you will recognize yourself as
part of the problem.

Scott

Make sure you have the SATA controller set to AUTO.