hard drive crash

a hard drive warning came up on my computer then my screen went blank. i could get to the window XP screen by pressing F1 but can get no further.

has my hard drive crash & needs to be replaced????

or...is ther something else i should do??? if replacement is necessary, any suggestion ???

any help would be appreciated!!

"jim in jackson ga" <jcherb@charter.net> wrote:

>a hard drive warning came up on my computer then my screen went blank. i could get to the window XP screen by pressing F1 but can get no further.
>
>has my hard drive crash & needs to be replaced????
>
>or...is ther something else i should do??? if replacement is necessary, any suggestion ???
>
>any help would be appreciated!!

What was the *verbatim* text of the error message that came up? That
would be a clue as to what happened.

What is the make and model of your computer and how old is it? Any
warranty still in effect?

Did your Windows XP come with the computer when it was new or did you
upgrade it from an older version of Windows to Windows XP?

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP