BlueTooth Mouse Problems - Device Can't Start

Living in the UK, just bought Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer for
Bluetooth whilst in the US, and am having problems getting it to work.

OS is WinXP straight off the MSDN disks and I am fully up to date with all
hotfixes

Put in setup disk for mouse and ran setup instructions. Did this under an admin
account. It says make sure I am installing in the same language as my OS, so
being unsure
as to whether ther is any difference between UK and US I have tried this with
both options unsuccessfully.

PC knows I am doing this as it pops up the new hardware found and actually tells
me it is a Wireless Bluetooth mouse. Setup intructions require me to reboot so
I do

I get to the dialog box where it tell me to plug it into a USB port and hit
next, and then it just keeps coming back to that screen. If I look in Device
Manager it tell me there is a problem, but the troubleshooting doesn't help.

I've tried other ports, and I've also used other USB devices in those USB ports
to ensure that they were indeed working. The only thing i wondered was whether
it had to be USB 2.0 as I only have 1.0, but could see no mention of this on the
packaging.

If I look in Device manager it just tells me that the device is unable to start

Any ideas would be very welcome

--
Thanks
Ken.......................

---
More about bluetooth mouse problems device start

    Hi,

    Go there and have a look http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20030328/bluetooth-06.html

    Peter

    ----- Ken Wright wrote: -----

[...]

    And yes I do have Win XP SP1 installed

    --
    Regards
    Ken.......................

    ---

    Thanks Peter, but I just literally found the issue:- After searching Google, I
    came up with an MS article that tells me it won't work with a Bus powered Hub.
    I plug in the power and away it goes - Would just have been nice if MS could
    have suggested that article instead of Google <grrrrrrrr>

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330368

    Appreciate the link though, as I'm now keen to learn a bit more, so thanks
    again.

    --
    Regards

    ---