largest HDD for BH6 (v1.02) ?

Hi All,
just want to know my BH6 v1.02 with lastest bios can support 80GB new HDD?
Thanks...

Yes, my 1.01 BH6 could handle 120 GB if I remember right so 80GB shouldn't be a
problem.
Also drives usually come with extra software so they can still be used with no
problems if not recognized by the bios.

I recently installed a WD 80gb drive on my
BH6 v1.02 (SS bios) system.

I was/am overclocking a Celeron, and had
to up the core voltage from (I think) 1.8
to 1.9 v. Otherwise it worked fine.

If you OC, Be Very Careful. If not,
it *oughta* be a piece of cake (assuming
you have SS bios).

Cheers,
Puddin'

On Sun, 16 May 2004 22:52:36 +0800, "TORN"
<stardreamer77@hotmail.com.123> wrote:

>Hi All,
>just want to know my BH6 v1.02 with lastest bios can support 80GB new HDD?
>Thanks...

How can one tell what size of harddisk motherboard support ? is there any
program that can tell you?

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
> Yes, my 1.01 BH6 could handle 120 GB if I remember right so 80GB shouldn't
be a
> problem.
> Also drives usually come with extra software so they can still be used
with no
> problems if not recognized by the bios.

>How can one tell what size of harddisk motherboard support ? is there any
>program that can tell you?

There is no program that I know of to tell you what is supported by the bios
for hard drive size.
I seem to remember its around 120GBs.
If your installing an 80Gb drive then its probably ATA100 or ATA133 right?
The BH6 only supports ATA66 so you would be losing some speed.
When I had my BH6 I was using a Promise ATA 100 controller card which gave me a
good speed boost instead of using the onboard IDE connectors.
So if you have an extra $30-40 it might be in your best interest to get a
controller card. So you will be sure about what size the card can handle and
you will also get a good speed boost instead of using the slower onboard IDE.

SS not for the 102

On Mon, 17 May 2004 04:53:44 GMT, "TF" <tfisher1NOSPAM@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>SS not for the 102

SS not for the Who??

Sticker on end of last ISA slot on my board
sez BH6-OK V1.02. I've been running SS bios
for a long time now.

"No Comprehendere, Senor!"

Puddin'