Internet Packets Sent but not received

I am currently running two desk top pc's off of a linksys broadband router
and up until Thursday of last week everything was perfect. Thursday night the
guest computer decided to go astray. I therefor restored the entire hard
drive from the restore disks and now I am unable to gain internet acess. I am
sending packets for the internet but not receving any. I have checked all
settings and run the setup wizard. I have also made sure that all properties
are correct and set at obtain ip address automatically. Any ideas on what I
can do to get my other desk top working again?

Yes I have pinged the IP address the NIC and protocol are at 0%loss therefor
they are working properly and the ip address is valid

"NavyWifey2004" wrote:

> I am currently running two desk top pc's off of a linksys broadband router
> and up until Thursday of last week everything was perfect. Thursday night the
> guest computer decided to go astray. I therefor restored the entire hard
> drive from the restore disks and now I am unable to gain internet acess. I am
> sending packets for the internet but not receving any. I have checked all
> settings and run the setup wizard. I have also made sure that all properties
> are correct and set at obtain ip address automatically. Any ideas on what I
> can do to get my other desk top working again?

NavyWifey2004 wrote
> I am currently running two desk top pc's off of a linksys broadband router
> and up until Thursday of last week everything was perfect. Thursday night
the
> guest computer decided to go astray. I therefor restored the entire hard
> drive from the restore disks and now I am unable to gain internet acess. I
am
> sending packets for the internet but not receving any. I have checked all
> settings and run the setup wizard. I have also made sure that all
properties
> are correct and set at obtain ip address automatically. Any ideas on what

does it obtain a valid ip address?