hard drive addition

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I recently added a small hard drive to my computer for a little more storage. The device manager shows the drive as working correctly however it does not show up on "my computer" the drive has been partitioned and formatted. everything i can think of is working fine it even shows in defragmenter. what should i do

Aaron, go to Control Panel>AdminTools>Computer Management>Disk Management.
See if it shows up
there. If yes, then rt click on it and see if you can assigned it a driver
letter and initialize it. If it's a slave drive did you set the jumper
correctly.

aaron wrote:
> I recently added a small hard drive to my computer for a little more
> storage. The device manager shows the drive as working correctly
> however it does not show up on "my computer" the drive has been
> partitioned and formatted. everything i can think of is working fine
> it even shows in defragmenter. what should i do

Has it been assigned a letter?