Hi,

I had to reboot my computer last night due to a lock up. For the
first time, my computer would not boot past "Memory testing". Now i
can only get into windows if I keep pressing the reset button and let
my PC reboot a few times and hope i can get lucky and get past Memory
testing.

I did not change anything in my computer

help please.

IS7 Mobo

Change memory... or try reseating it... or maybe you've messed up your BIOS
settings: clear CMOS and try booting windows in safe mode to back up your
data...

"Rick James" <smd@sdm.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I had to reboot my computer last night due to a lock up. For the
> first time, my computer would not boot past "Memory testing". Now i
> can only get into windows if I keep pressing the reset button and let
> my PC reboot a few times and hope i can get lucky and get past Memory
> testing.
>

> I did not change anything in my computer
>
> help please.
>

> IS7 Mobo

I ran memory test in DOS and found no error. I reseated the memories
and didnt help. I cleared the CMOS and it didnt help.

On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:11:44 +0200, "John Smith"
<johnny.smithelsson@siol.net> wrote:

>Change memory... or try reseating it... or maybe you've messed up your BIOS
>settings: clear CMOS and try booting windows in safe mode to back up your
>data...
>
>"Rick James" <smd@sdm.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I had to reboot my computer last night due to a lock up. For the
>> first time, my computer would not boot past "Memory testing". Now i
>> can only get into windows if I keep pressing the reset button and let
>> my PC reboot a few times and hope i can get lucky and get past Memory
>> testing.
>>

>> I did not change anything in my computer
>>
>> help please.
>>

>> IS7 Mobo

That's bad. I'd contact my dealer if still under warranty. Good luck!

> I ran memory test in DOS and found no error. I reseated the memories
> and didnt help. I cleared the CMOS and it didnt help.
>

> On Mon, 17 May 2004 12:11:44 +0200, "John Smith"
> <johnny.smithelsson@siol.net> wrote:
>
> >Change memory... or try reseating it... or maybe you've messed up your
BIOS
> >settings: clear CMOS and try booting windows in safe mode to back up your
> >data...
> >
> >"Rick James" <smd@sdm.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I had to reboot my computer last night due to a lock up. For the
> >> first time, my computer would not boot past "Memory testing". Now i
> >> can only get into windows if I keep pressing the reset button and let
> >> my PC reboot a few times and hope i can get lucky and get past Memory
> >> testing.
> >>

> >> I did not change anything in my computer
> >>
> >> help please.
> >>

> >> IS7 Mobo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts