Game Controllers Control Pannel Not Working

I cannot add a new game controller manually like i used to
be able to, only plug and play controllers work now. When
i attempt to add a controller manually, it tells me my
Game Port drivers are not configured properly please
consult device manager. I went to device manager but i
can't find out how to "configure" my drivers? :( please
help
3 answers Last reply
More about game controllers control pannel working

    It sounds to me if you are having problems now, something happened or got deleted by mistake, as far as I know the only thing u can do is reinstall your Oper......System completey . Could be wrong , but I have had relatable issues to where the only thing that worked was reinstalling the OS. Note. make sure in your set-up , start-up screen, that u are not trying to run two operating systems at the same time.when it boots keep your finger on delete and see what operating system stats tell u. Good Luck.

    Thats the only thing!? Oh drat! I just reformatted it
    lately. I didn't want to do it again. Is their some option
    i missed when i re-installed my OS the last time?

    Hopefully you haven't reinstalled yet. A reinstallation isn't necessary.
    That error message is saying that you are trying to install a gameport
    device but you don't have a gameport driver installed on your system that
    would allow you to use your gameport. This can usually be fixed by
    installing the most recent drivers for your sound card. If you have any
    questions on how to do this let me know, I'd be glad to help.

    Joshua Smith
    DirectInput and OpenGL Test Labs
    Microsoft
    -----

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

    "Nall" <ubernall@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Thats the only thing!? Oh drat! I just reformatted it
    > lately. I didn't want to do it again. Is their some option
    > i missed when i re-installed my OS the last time?

Device Manager Controller Games Windows XP