Game Controllers Control Pannel Not Working

April 11, 2004 12:07:07 AM

I cannot add a new game controller manually like i used to
be able to, only plug and play controllers work now. When
i attempt to add a controller manually, it tells me my
Game Port drivers are not configured properly please
consult device manager. I went to device manager but i
can't find out how to "configure" my drivers? :(  please
help
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 7:16:03 AM

It sounds to me if you are having problems now, something happened or got deleted by mistake, as far as I know the only thing u can do is reinstall your Oper......System completey . Could be wrong , but I have had relatable issues to where the only thing that worked was reinstalling the OS. Note. make sure in your set-up , start-up screen, that u are not trying to run two operating systems at the same time.when it boots keep your finger on delete and see what operating system stats tell u. Good Luck.
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 12:51:17 AM

Thats the only thing!? Oh drat! I just reformatted it
lately. I didn't want to do it again. Is their some option
i missed when i re-installed my OS the last time?

Anonymous
April 12, 2004 12:28:26 PM

Hopefully you haven't reinstalled yet. A reinstallation isn't necessary.
That error message is saying that you are trying to install a gameport
device but you don't have a gameport driver installed on your system that
would allow you to use your gameport. This can usually be fixed by
installing the most recent drivers for your sound card. If you have any
questions on how to do this let me know, I'd be glad to help.

Joshua Smith
DirectInput and OpenGL Test Labs
Microsoft
-----