Need driver for ITE 4079T 2S/1P PCI Card

Ian

Running XP Pro SP1.

I need an up-to-date driver for the ITE 4079T 2S/1P PCI Card. When I try
to install the XP driver I have here (version 1.something -- I don't
remember exactly), XP complains that it is not signed and does not have
the logo.

(The card works fine under Win98).

Can anyone help?

--
Ian

Ian

In message <eCa9pv5HEHA.3240@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, "Pegasus (MVP)"
<I.can@fly.com> writes

>www.driverguide.com

Thanks Pegasus. I already tried driverguide some time ago (and what a
pain that site is to use!). No luck there.

I have also Googled and discovered sunix.com, but although they offer
drivers for several 4079 series cards, the 4079T is not one of them.

--
Ian

"Ian" <news@care4free.net> wrote in message
> Running XP Pro SP1.
>
> I need an up-to-date driver for the ITE 4079T 2S/1P PCI Card. When I try
> to install the XP driver I have here (version 1.something -- I don't
> remember exactly), XP complains that it is not signed and does not have
> the logo.
>
> (The card works fine under Win98).
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> --
> Ian

www.driverguide.com

My own success rate with www.driverguide.com is almost 100%. If you
cannot find the correct driver on this occasion then I suggest this:
- Check the manufacturer's site
- Check the card type again. It may sail under a different name than 4079T.
- Run aida32 to correctly identify it.

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 06:34:34 +0100, Ian <news@care4free.net> wrote:

>Running XP Pro SP1.
>
>I need an up-to-date driver for the ITE 4079T 2S/1P PCI Card. When I try
>to install the XP driver I have here (version 1.something -- I don't
>remember exactly), XP complains that it is not signed and does not have
>the logo.
>
>(The card works fine under Win98).

It doesn`t matter if its signed or not, you should be able to install
it anyway. You may need to check in the System Control panel to see if
unsigned drivers are allowed:

1. System Control panel
2. Hardware, Device Signing
3. Change setting to Warn, instead of Block.
4. OK

Peter Hutchison
Windows FAQ
http://www.pcguru.plus.com/