HELP PLEASE:Counter strike Source problem with occlusionpr..

Daniel

Hi, all.
I am having a problem playing CS:Source.
I have retail version of CS:S, have installed, unlocked and have updated
the game and Steam game menu confirms 100% completed and available to
play offline blah blah...
But once I created a server just to walk around the map and have a look
(being curious of how CS: Source looks like), I encountered this error
in every map I loaded:" Error: Material "Engine/occlusionproxy" uses
unknown shader "0cclusion". (Note the syntax "0cclusion", not
"Occlusion")
Then the pc completely frozen. If I am lucky enough, pressing alt-tab
and sometimes the game quits, returning me to a cripple desktop with lot
of fatal error popup from mmtask, explorer, Steam, CS:S and msgsrv32. I
have to end task all of them and then restart the pc.
I have tried to reinstall video drivers (NVIDIA) through different
versions and even with Omega driver, reinstall Directx 9b....But no
avail.
Could you please provide me with a hint as where the problem could be.
Thanks.
My pc is from jurassic park era (AthlonXP 2000, Gygabyte 7dxe mainboard,
512M RAM, Geforce 4MX 440 64Mb VRAM, but it can play Half_life 2
perfectly fine with low detail levels setting and using Dirext 7.0
specs.
That baffles me even more. I can play HL2 with acceptable framerate and
stability, but not CS:Source.
--
omnia vincit amor

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

daniel <nowhere@noland.com> wrote in message

> Hi, all.
> I am having a problem playing CS:Source.
> I have retail version of CS:S, have installed, unlocked and have updated
> the game and Steam game menu confirms 100% completed and available to
> play offline blah blah...
> But once I created a server just to walk around the map and have a look
> (being curious of how CS: Source looks like), I encountered this error
> in every map I loaded:" Error: Material "Engine/occlusionproxy" uses
> unknown shader "0cclusion". (Note the syntax "0cclusion", not
> "Occlusion")
> Then the pc completely frozen. If I am lucky enough, pressing alt-tab
> and sometimes the game quits, returning me to a cripple desktop with lot
> of fatal error popup from mmtask, explorer, Steam, CS:S and msgsrv32. I
> have to end task all of them and then restart the pc.
> I have tried to reinstall video drivers (NVIDIA) through different
> versions and even with Omega driver, reinstall Directx 9b....But no
> avail.
> Could you please provide me with a hint as where the problem could be.
> Thanks.
> My pc is from jurassic park era (AthlonXP 2000, Gygabyte 7dxe mainboard,
> 512M RAM, Geforce 4MX 440 64Mb VRAM, but it can play Half_life 2
> perfectly fine with low detail levels setting and using Dirext 7.0
> specs.
> That baffles me even more. I can play HL2 with acceptable framerate and
> stability, but not CS:Source.
> --
> omnia vincit amor

DirectX 9.0C is the latest.
Sounds like graphics card driver issues.
Are you playing in OpenGL mode or D3D?
You might want to download and run the Detonator Deleter program before
changing your drivers, to make sure there are no conflicting versions
hanging about.

Daniel

Thanks, Uzi. I'll try and post back to let you know the result.
I did not think about the Detonator deleter. Mebad:( ....Thanks alot.
Regards,
Dan

--
omnia vincit amor