Intel 875P (ABit IC7 Series) cant handle PAT when using al..

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,comp.sys.intel (More info?)

there have been posts that said that PAT was disabled when filling all four
slots. no first hand experience from me as I have set the boards up with 1
gig installed in 2x512 sticks.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 130,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

<tony010409020622@spamthis@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> A thread on the Abit Web site claims that the IC7 boards cannot use
> PAT when you use all 4 memory slots. Is anyone familiar with this
> issue ? I'm particularly interested in whether this is an ABit issue
> or an issue with all MBs using the 875P Chipset.
>
> http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49894&highlight=PAT
>
> Thanks

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,comp.sys.intel (More info?)

Hi,

If someone sends me 2 sticks of ecc 512mb memory I will be happy to
check ;-)).

Anyway pat is enabled with 2 - 512mb memory here. Don't have the cash
or the need for 2 more.

Interesting thread you posted below.

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bz/bz_inst.htm#5.5

the intel faq on d875pbz gives no indication that pat is disabled with
4 dimms. I guess you don't know until you try it ;-)).

You could send a letter to intel tech support. They are pretty
responsive.

Later,

Alan

tony010409020622> A thread on the Abit Web site claims that the IC7
tony010409020622> boards cannot use PAT when you use all 4 memory
tony010409020622> slots. Is anyone familiar with this issue ? I'm
tony010409020622> particularly interested in whether this is an ABit
tony010409020622> issue or an issue with all MBs using the 875P
tony010409020622> Chipset.

tony010409020622> http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49894&highlight=PAT

tony010409020622> Thanks

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

On Wed, 19 May 2004 08:11:45 -0400, "TomG" <tgeery-NOSPAM-@cox.net>
wrote:

>there have been posts that said that PAT was disabled when filling all four
>slots. no first hand experience from me as I have set the boards up with 1
>gig installed in 2x512 sticks.

Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply on both this and an unrelated thread. Regarding
the PAT / 4 RAM Chips issue, is it just the ABIT IC7 series boards, or
does this effect all Intel P875 Chipset boards ?

TomG

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?)

just a guess but I think it would probably be any board using the chipset.
my experience with this chipset is limited to the Abit boards though.

--

> On Wed, 19 May 2004 08:11:45 -0400, "TomG" <tgeery-NOSPAM-@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >there have been posts that said that PAT was disabled when filling all
four
> >slots. no first hand experience from me as I have set the boards up with
1
> >gig installed in 2x512 sticks.
>
> Hi Tom
>
> Thanks for the reply on both this and an unrelated thread. Regarding
> the PAT / 4 RAM Chips issue, is it just the ABIT IC7 series boards, or
> does this effect all Intel P875 Chipset boards ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,comp.sys.intel (More info?)

It surprised me also but intel motherboard tech support responded
within 24 hours. Anyway if you find out anything from intel please
post a followup here.

Thanks

tony010409020622> On Wed, 19 May 2004 18:46:57 -0500, Post Replies
tony010409020622> Here Please
tony010409020622> <spamme@edge.net> wrote:

>> You could send a letter to intel tech support. They are pretty
>> responsive.

tony010409020622> I'm surprised to hear that - I'll give it a try.
tony010409020622> Thanks

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,comp.sys.intel (More info?)

On Wed, 19 May 2004 18:46:57 -0500, Post Replies Here Please
<spamme@edge.net> wrote:

>You could send a letter to intel tech support. They are pretty
>responsive.

I'm surprised to hear that - I'll give it a try.
Thanks

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit,comp.sys.intel (More info?)

On Thu, 20 May 2004 07:14:03 -0500, Post Replies Here Please
<spamme@edge.net> wrote:

>It surprised me also but intel motherboard tech support responded
>within 24 hours. Anyway if you find out anything from intel please
>post a followup here.

I definitely will. So far all I've gotten are the obligatory two
letters from the IntelBot, but hopefully I'll hear something soon from
a human.