VH6T rev. letters

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 20, 2004 3:28:55 AM

I just bought a new, yes new VH6T motherboard and have a bios REV.
question. Since it's not installed I can't look at the bottom of the
first screen to see the revision letters. From the manual and on line
I have read that it should be on the tags pasted to the motherboard.

Over the one-year or so that this board was made the bios rev's ran
like this. yr, zz, 4e, 4f, 7e, & 8g , 8g being the last. My board has
the rev number but no letters that match, it looks like this.

VH6T V1.1 149005506-112C0 under that is:
P F QA under that is

VH6T-CIL005573

Nothing written on the bios chip or anyplace on the board. Anyone have
any ideas about it might be, I know I will find out when I fire it up
but I would like to know ahead of that.

Will

More about : vh6t rev letters

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 20, 2004 3:13:14 PM

"Will Wright" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message...
> Nothing written on the bios chip or anyplace on the board.

In which case you'll have to power the board up with a video card attached.
Don't know why you didn't just do this anyway - why sit there wasting time
waiting for someone on Usenet to tell you what you could easily have found
out yourself?

> I know I will find out when I fire it up but I would like to
> know ahead of that.

Er, why? You can't flash the BIOS without powering up the board, and you
can't use the board in any other way without powering it up, so just get on
with powering it up.

The BIOS revision often used to be written in pen onto the label on the BIOS
chip itself. As you say you've checked that and nothing is visible, powering
the board is the only way to find out what's loaded on there right now.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

a b V Motherboard
May 20, 2004 7:26:58 PM

Guess that would take some RAM plus a CPU which I am not in posession
of at the moment. Just thought this board may have some hidden code.
And why do some people think they know it all.
Will

On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:13:14 +0100, "Richard Hopkins"
<richh@dsl.popex.co.uk> wrote:

>"Will Wright" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message...
>> Nothing written on the bios chip or anyplace on the board.
>
>In which case you'll have to power the board up with a video card attached.
>Don't know why you didn't just do this anyway - why sit there wasting time
>waiting for someone on Usenet to tell you what you could easily have found
>out yourself?
>
>> I know I will find out when I fire it up but I would like to
>> know ahead of that.
>
>Er, why? You can't flash the BIOS without powering up the board, and you
>can't use the board in any other way without powering it up, so just get on
>with powering it up.
>
>The BIOS revision often used to be written in pen onto the label on the BIOS
>chip itself. As you say you've checked that and nothing is visible, powering
>the board is the only way to find out what's loaded on there right now.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 21, 2004 6:58:06 PM

"Will Wright" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message...
> Just thought this board may have some hidden code.

Told you above, back in days of yore, the assembly techs used to write the
BIOS build number on the BIOS chip itself. That's the only chance you would
have had.

> And why do some people think they know it all.

Yawn. In this case, all that matters is that I knew the answer to the
question you asked...