CS: source stuttering problem

I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. At first I
thought maybe it was lag, but no one else on the server I was playing on was
experiencing this. The game has a tendency to pause and then a few seconds
later continue. But of course ive been killed or im a few feet away from
where I was at. I have broadband and I could play UT2k4 just fine. My video
card is an fx5900. Im running an oc'd amd mobile @ 3200+ speeds with 512mb
of memory.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

"lonesw0rdsman" <geo@neo.net> wrote in message
> I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. At first I
> thought maybe it was lag, but no one else on the server I was playing on
was
> experiencing this. The game has a tendency to pause and then a few seconds
> later continue. But of course ive been killed or im a few feet away from
> where I was at. I have broadband and I could play UT2k4 just fine. My
video
> card is an fx5900. Im running an oc'd amd mobile @ 3200+ speeds with 512mb
> of memory.

Shutdown Steam and then restart. Your HL2 installation will then receive a
patch that fixes this problem.

Chris.

"lonesw0rdsman" <geo@neo.net> wrote in message
>I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. At first
>I thought maybe it was lag, but no one else on the server I was
>playing on was experiencing this. The game has a tendency to pause
>and then a few seconds later continue. But of course ive been killed
>or im a few feet away from where I was at. I have broadband and I
>could play UT2k4 just fine. My video card is an fx5900. Im running an
>oc'd amd mobile @ 3200+ speeds with 512mb of memory.

Lots and lots of people are (not me though hahaha) see
www.steampowered.com forums for more help and possible fixes.

In article <Q4mdnbg8JqdzGDXcSa8jmw@karoo.co.uk>, chris@nospam says...
Your HL2 installation will then receive a

> patch that fixes this problem.

LOL, that is rich, the "patch" is a pitiful stab in the dark that does
nothing for most if not all people with the stuttering problem.

Dirk

Patch does nothing.

"Chris" <chris@nospam> wrote in message

> "lonesw0rdsman" <geo@neo.net> wrote in message
>> I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. At first I
>> thought maybe it was lag, but no one else on the server I was playing on
> was
>> experiencing this. The game has a tendency to pause and then a few
>> seconds
>> later continue. But of course ive been killed or im a few feet away from
>> where I was at. I have broadband and I could play UT2k4 just fine. My
> video
>> card is an fx5900. Im running an oc'd amd mobile @ 3200+ speeds with
>> 512mb
>> of memory.
>>

> Shutdown Steam and then restart. Your HL2 installation will then receive a
> patch that fixes this problem.
>
> Chris.

DJ

Running with similar configuration as you, but with a xp2400 processor.
Works like a charm :)

Have you check to make sure that your connection in steam is optimized or
set to broadband?

"lonesw0rdsman" <geo@neo.net> wrote in message
> I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. At first I
> thought maybe it was lag, but no one else on the server I was playing on
was
> experiencing this. The game has a tendency to pause and then a few seconds
> later continue. But of course ive been killed or im a few feet away from
> where I was at. I have broadband and I could play UT2k4 just fine. My
video
> card is an fx5900. Im running an oc'd amd mobile @ 3200+ speeds with 512mb
> of memory.

FPS problems? I know I'm experiencing them in Source. CZ is running
fine. I think its a setting issue. I'm using a geforce 6800 OC, with
an Athlon64 3200. My connection brings me pings in the 20s usually.
Source is unplayable however with my FPS dropping to the teens when
they should be in the 70s. (I'm using a Samsung flat screen, otherwise
I'd max it out.) Can't figure it out since im using the recommended
setting for video.