Which one: HP 5150 or Lexmark Z705?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
April 6, 2004 2:03:53 PM

Just can't decide which one to get, what is your experience with the above
printers if you have either?

P.S. Mostly for standard printing not photo, high resolution needed

Thanks

Michal

More about : 5150 lexmark z705

Anonymous
a b α HP
April 6, 2004 5:36:03 PM

I can't comment on the HP Printer.

I have been an owner of two (2) Lexmark printers. The 1100 and x73 (all-in-one). I do not recommend this brand of printers, for one important reason. The cost of replacing ink cartridges, they are usually in the price range of US$25.00 to US$40.00 each. So if the printer comes with both Black & Color cartridges, ink replacements could run you as high as US$80.00 for both. You might pay this much for a new printer. That is why I purchased a new Canon printer, and the X73 has been reduced to scanning duties. It is much cheaper than the Lexmark by far, for ink replacement.

I have been not successful with using ink refill kits for the Lexmark cartridges, others have. Lexmark makes it money not with printer sales but with ink cartridge replacements, in my opinion. The failure might be caused by the condition of the cartridge, at the time I tried to refill them. Or just my ignorance in trying to use this method. Also many people have not been happy with some of the remanufactured cartridges out there for sale. And their costs can be the same as buying an OEM cartridge. So you will need to find a trust worthy dealer for ink.

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"goopy" <goopyWYWALTO@tlen.pl> wrote in message news:c4to9b$djg$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
Just can't decide which one to get, what is your experience with the above
printers if you have either?

P.S. Mostly for standard printing not photo, high resolution needed

Thanks

Michal
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 7, 2004 8:22:52 AM

<< From: "goopy" goopyWYWALTO@tlen.pl
Date: Tue, Apr 6, 2004 3:03 AM

Just can't decide which one to get, what is your experience with the above
printers if you have either?

P.S. Mostly for standard printing not photo, high resolution needed

Thanks

Michal

Get a Samsung ML 17810 Laser printer which, after rebates, is currently selling
for $79.95 at best Buy. I think Office Depot had a similar deal. I don't have
either of the printers you mentioned BUT from what I have read here and
elsewhere, a Lexmark printer is the LAST printer I would get.
a b α HP
April 7, 2004 1:01:00 PM

"goopy" <goopyWYWALTO@tlen.pl> wrote in message
> Just can't decide which one to get, what is your experience with the above
> printers if you have either?

DEFINITELY the HP 5150. Stay away from the Lexmark. The Canon i560 is also
a good printer.
Anonymous
a b α HP
April 7, 2004 6:25:45 PM