Jan

I have tried everything I can think of to get this mouse
working. I have gone through troubleshooting and users
guide. And I still can't get it to work. Any help would be
appreciated.

bar

Take it back to where you bought it and get the store to waste their time and money making the wretched item work.

If they can't get a refund and buy a microsoft hardware component. It appears that their hardware works fine and doesn't need extra software, but a lot of other product does.

Keep your PC free and clear of extraneous applications, dlls and APIs. It works better that way.